AT&T gone beserk?

turnersloane

Verified User
Beginning last Thursday June 12, AT&T began to block all emails from our servers with response codes of 550-blocked for abuse. We were able to get the block removed quite quickly, and within 24 hours, as I attempted to report a UCE from a bellsouth.net ADSL IP, my email bounced with the same error message. We again contacted AT&T to no avail, the blocks still exist.

Since we colo at The Planet, they were contacted to see if they had received any abuse complaints concerning our IPs - they were none. None of our IP's are listed in ANY RBL's, either. Now it seems that whatever problem AT&T is experiencing may be nation wide.

Anyone else having this issue?
Anyone have any high-level contacts at AT&T that you can send me?

Thanks,
Sloane

I'm not sure what you mean by writing that it's AT&T's problem and I'm not sure why you say it may be nationwide.

I've just checked and email from our servers get to my AT&T email account without problem, so it's probably nothing specific to DirectAdmin.

Your best step is to ask the AT&T postmaster why they're blocking you.

Most likely scenario is that one or more of your clients, with an AT&T address, are forwarding email sent to their address on your server, to their AT&T email account, and then reporting it to AT&T as spam.

We've found that to be the biggest spam problem we have.

Jeff

Back