AWStats update - please help

guyromb

Hello everybody,

I have the last Directadmin version with AWStats 6.7, i can access the stats and update them using command in SSH su root.
The problem is, i want that the customers will update by themselves in their own browsers, I configure the awstate config file as in the guide,(AllowToUpdateStatsFromBrowser=1). However, the problem is that when i try to update the stats from the browser and click on "Update now" i get the following error(s):

Code:
Error: Couldn't open server log file "/var/log/httpd/domains/[I][B][U]domain.com[/U][/B][/I].info.log" : Permission denied 

Setup ('/etc/awstats/awstats.[I][B][U]domain.com[/U][/B][/I].conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.
Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' directory).

I tried search google and this forum and i found the error, but nobody really was the solution or the solution is for other Server Control Panels (Plesk, Helm etc.).

Thanks!

I think i have found smt.

hi guys,
i found the exactly problem:
I can update user stats as a root (using SSH su root) ... but i can't update the users if i login to SSH as a DA admin or DA user and than i get the error above.

Can you tell me how i give premissions to the users?
Thanks. :)

look into using sudo.

hi, first of all, thanks for your reply... i don't know what you mean, i succeed connecting using su - root... and i success to update AWStats using root access, but the problem users can't update it.. for example if i connect to SSH as a normal user, i can't update the awstats.
i even tried to make cronjob in user... the command works (i looked in the logs).. but it isn't updating it beacuse the user has no access..
:confused:

Hi,

which command do you use at CLI for update awstats statistics???

Regards,

Taguapire.

Back