Both NginX and fastcgi fail on CB2

Hosted

Hi everyone,

Using the latest CB2, after building nginx (with php-fpm), nginx shows forbidden errors.

Also, with fastcgi and apache, it shows raw source code.

This is running on a Centos 6.3 x86_64 machine.

Would appreciate any replies

nginx is not supported.

If you have trouble with apache you might want to try:

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build clean
./build apache d
./build php d
./build rewrite_confs

Fair enough.

But why is fastcgi not working ? It just renders the page without compiling.

I also tried running normal php5.3 with mpm_worker enabled on the config . apache file (with-mpm=worker), and it still kept using mod_php.

Another thing is that, right now, running php-fpm54, php-fpm is running with a significantly high load.

Tracing the processes, it seems that 85% calls are lstat(). any chance to increase the overall performance?

Server is running with a high load for no reason (I guess mostly the lstat calls!)

Thanks

Ok, let me get to another question. Ignore the lstat part of my previous reply as I managed to find the cause.

Now, one thing that is strange for me is the fact that php-fpm is processing image loads as well. Is that not apache's job? (by processing I mean opening the image will call php-fpm to do the job.)

And for each image, it does the following:
getcwd("USER_DIR", 4096) = 49
open("PATH_TO_IMAGE", O_RDONLY) = 7
fstat(7, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=14628, ...}) = 0
lseek(7, 0, SEEK_CUR) = 0
read(7, "GIF89a7\0#\0\367\0\0\0\0\0\277\265\256\244\220\210l+\35\225~g\277\247\232_"..., 8192) = 8192
close(7)

This seems to be very I/O intensive cause it is taking almost the whole CPU time. (with respect to i/o waits)

And since the images are just from a small set of less than 50, can this not be cached or done better? I think php-fpm is not even meant to do this!

Please wait for the John's announcement on the forums. Everything is ready, but John should release DA 1.42.2 RC1 soon with the needed template changes for nginx/php-fastcgi.

Hello
Can I use from apache+nginx as proxy webserver in CB.2?

no nginx working as web server not reverse proxy.. you can use danginx to install nginx as reverse proxy on apache dash vahid :d

Back