Solved [Bug-Fixed] Cannot set session_minutes using directadmin set command [Reproduceble]

MaXi32

Verified User
I want to change session_minutes from 60 to 120 using directadmin set command and when I did that, I got the following error:

This bug is reproduceable with this step:

1) Clean install directadmin
2) Change the session_minutes to any value like:

Code:
root@venus:/usr/local/directadmin# ./directadmin set session_minutes 120

3) You will get the following weird error:

Code:
Error with the current values:
Unknown type ir1:35791 when verifying session_minutes=120

4) This error does not appear in the GUI. Only when using directadmin set command

EDIT:

I think this might be related to bug that I posted in the ticket 2 years back (confirmed as bug by your team). In the old directadmin version, this number has validation error (it can accept a very big number like 999999 and then broke the admin UI setting where we will have validation loop, and unable to save setting), but now the validation popup has gone and still have problem when using directadmin set command, it cannot write value

Please look into this, as this bug might break this session_minutes' feature (a security feature).

(sorry that this shouldnt' be in General discussion - made a mistake)

Last edited:
I want to change session_minutes from 60 to 120 using directadmin set command and when I did that, I got the following error:

This bug is reproduceable with this step:

1) Clean install directadmin
2) Change the session_minutes to any value like:

Code:
root@venus:/usr/local/directadmin# ./directadmin set session_minutes 120

3) You will get the following weird error:

Code:
Error with the current values:
Unknown type ir1:35791 when verifying session_minutes=120
Does it work if you edit the directadmin.conf file manually, change the value of session_minutes and restart directadmin?

Does it work if you edit the directadmin.conf file manually, change the value of session_minutes and restart directadmin?

Hai, thanks for your reply. It's working fine when I set it manually inside that file. I need to use set command due to requirement and I want it to be consistent for using it in script (as I read somewhere before, directadmin does not recommend to edit this file directly and the set command is recommended to use for backend because it has validation). So the set command is broken with session_minutes maybe I should write a script probably sed command to edit that file. Again, thanks for your reply.

Back