[BUG] custom exim.conf not retained with eximconf=yes

hugor

Verified User
Hi,

According to the documentation I can use /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/exim/exim.conf to save my custom exim config and set eximconf=yes in options.conf. However, when I run ./build exim_conf, my /etc/exim.conf is being overwritten with the default directadmin version.

A closer look in /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build (around line 8570) seems to indicate that /etc/exim.conf is always being replaced by the stock version and the custom version is not checked.

Is this really a bug, or did I miss something obvious?

I checked my custombuild version, that seems to be fine (the docs mention I have to have at least1995+) :
# ./build version
2.0.0 (rev: 2329)

For now i've set eximconf=no, so exim.conf is not overwritten with the default one.

Thanks for looking into this.

Regards,
Hugo

Hm.. what would be the point to have exim.conf updateable if you’d stick with your own version? :) I’d suggest setting eximconf=no this way.

Thanks for your swift reply!
Well, in my case I had a really old exim.conf-version, and would like to implement SRS. I took the latest exim.conf and made my modifications to that one (so it also has all new configurations from the stock version).
The build script creates the right srs config files for this (although I could done this by hand also I guess), so I thought this was the most straightforward way to get there, and just put eximconf=no in options.conf, and let it generate the rest. That worked, but it replaced my exim.conf.

But, In the meantime I've got the generated srs configs, so you're right, I can leave eximconf=no.

So, you're absolutely right it doesn't make much sense to set eximconf=true when you do have a custom exim.conf. However, I guess the documentation is not completely right at this point so it might need some updates. I guess just the portion about the custom config should be removed because it is confusing.

I'm sorry to tag this as [bug], while afterall it's probably just an documentation issue.

Back