BUG: "Customize Evolution Skin" colours seem to be not saving correctly

alrnetwork

Verified User
Hi there,

I've noticed that in the past, I was able to change the "Primary" colour in the Customize Evolution Skin, and that this also changed the header colour for the File Manager, which was exactly what I wanted.. However, I've noticed now, that this no longer happens, and that actually, upon changing the colour, it will always go back to one of the colours that I chose when I was experimenting.

The odd thing is, hitting the "reset" button, will restore the original light blue colour, but changing that to anything else, such as red for example, will not work, and it will be a teal-green, instead, which was one of the colours I chose at some point.

Any idea why this has started happening? This wasn't an issue on the first time that I customised the skin.. appears to be a new bug.

I was able to replicate this on two servers, both running DA independently from each other, and the behaviour is exactly the same in both.

Thanks!

Log a support request? Wait. Hope someone sees it?

DA doesn’t have bug reporting portal. Many of us we sh they did.

Yeah, I sent them an email today.. but this seems to be skin related, and I'm sure that this wasn't an issue before.. I was hoping I'd have someone who would be able to assist with replication.

It seems like there's a value getting saved into the database or in a config file somewere.. not sure how DA is saving customisations.

Oddly, things like the "reset" button disappear too.. making me think that there's some value stuck in "default" somewhere.. I'd be happy to help provide replication steps, but I don't want to do all that and have no response.

Are you on a prerelease or the stable release of da?

If I have issues I do reset all in the skin options in the login/off area

Stable release of DA. And yea, I tried to do that too. It seems to be especially "broken" on the File Manager. If I change the "Primary" colour, this would change the header colour of the File Manager - totally fine... However, once changed, it will not change back, or update to a new colour.

"Resetting" the theme colours seems to be the only way to make it usable, but then after that, if I make 1 colour adjustment anywhere, it'll break it again and it'll return to whatever colour it used to be set as (non-default, not current either).

Back