[Bug] Double e-mail address in DA when system_user_to_virtual_passwd is used (and removed)

Richard G

Verified User
Oke we have a package with users having 5 mail addresses.

A little while ago, I tried to use the "system_user_to_virtual_passwd" option, so they could use their full mail address to login, just as with the other mail addresses.
For some reason I was troubled maybe then the ones using just the username would not be able to login anymore, so I removed the option again.

Here is the option:

And now I just discovered, customers havingn 6/5 email accounts, so one too many. When looking in Directadmin, the system account is present double, and not removable:
1685302497786.png

Also as you can see, the secondly created user has 0B use, while in fact the real system user has 5.37 MB in this case.

So I checked the /etc/virtual/domain.nl/passwd file and there this name only appears once, so that is correct.

Which means Directadmin somewhere still sees the address twice, and is counting it as extra mail address.

That should not be the case.

This issue is occuring for *every* account.
Only in Enhanced skin I can select to delete, but then this message appears:
Unable to delete the main email account
Details
You cannot delete the account accountname because it is linked to your system account

How can this be fixed so the users will not see the address twice anymore within Directadmin?

Back