[Bug report] Evo Skin > disabling "customize-skin" at Reseller level disable it also for Admin

nlaruelle

Verified User
Hello DirectAdmin team,

I would like to report that, as an Admin, when we go to Evolution Settings > Menu > Resellers, if we disable the item "Customize Evolution Skin" (see screenshot attached below) but keeping enabled this feature for the Admin level, DirectAdmin forbid access to Evo Settings to the Admins too.

The effect is that the Admin is kicked out of all the "Evo Settings", despite the feature is still enabled at Admin Level in Evo Settings.

The solution to get back to the Evo Settings as an Admin is to modify /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/admin/skin_customizations/evolution/files/menu-v2.json and set "/reseller/customize-skin" to "true :

"/reseller/customize-skin": {
"enabled": true
}

But it restore the feature for all Resellers at the same time.

The expected behavior is to disable this feature for Resellers, but keep it enabled for Admins.

It seems that this problem also affect the "Skin Manager" feature?

_____

In addition, another topic…

It would be appreciated also to being able to restrict Resellers from accessing to :
- /evo/reseller/customize-skin/options => "Default Layout" and "Standard layout default menu type"
and
- /evo/user/skin-options => "Layout"
I would like to force all my Users and Resellers to use "Grid" layout to match with my knowledge base tutorials screenshots. But currently, all resellers are able to override "layout options" for them and their end-users.

Using a cron that modify /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/$USER/skin_customizations/evolution/user_options.json and /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/$USER/skin_customizations/evolution/files/options-v4.json each 5 minutes is not a solution ^^'

Thanks in advance for you consideration!

Attachments

• bug-report-customize-skin-resellers.png
    bug-report-customize-skin-resellers.png
    268.2 KB · Views: 21
This has happened for me also... and it locks the admin account out of the Customize Evolution Skin option.

Yep, i also had a ticket to support about something like this, is a known issue/bug, that should be fixed by DA.

Back