Solved Bug - "Your current login information" connection method on MySQL management -> Upload Backup doesn't work when logged in as

tristan

Verified User
As discussed here: https://forum.directadmin.com/threads/database-mysql-access-denied.61806/#post-325418

The "Your current login information" connection method option on MySQL management -> Upload Backup doesn't work when using the "login as" feature. It will always result in an error like:

Unable to restore database forum_test : ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'forum'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Maybe this could be fixed or otherwise disabled as a possible connection method option if you're "logged in as ..."?

Apparently not, it seems they pretty much ignore the forum for these smaller impact bug reports and only fix bugs reported via their paid support.

Apparently not, it seems they pretty much ignore the forum for these smaller impact bug reports and only fix bugs reported via their paid support.
that's big problem for DA. they should know that there is no free directadmin. we pay for a license.

When i use cpanel, i can open support ticket although i didnot buy license from cpanel.net directly. but, i cannot reach directadmin team if i bought DA internal license from my vps provider.
they may assume this forum as community of free user. Hope be better.

Thanks for the report. I've added a fix here:

The pre-release binaries are now available with the fix.

Regarding using the forum for bug reports, the issue is that the forum is mainly here for community support/discussion (for those who do not qualify for paid support).
If the thread conversation comes to the conclusion there's a bug, just let us know about it directly (eg: send us a ticket, etc.), as we're not usually hunting the forum for bug reports :)

John

@DirectAdmin Support Don't know but asking here to be sure

CENTOS8 latest DA evolution import/upload Database give success but are all empty.
Before update it did worked this way!

How long before the update with FIX?
While don't want a prerelease but in hurry with develop things because of new VAT LAWS ONLINESHOPS in EU!

For others who read here workarround is direct in PHPMYADMIN import.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Back