Buy a license for different servers and domains

Moriort

Hello, i thinking buy a license for my VPS and other for the my customer VPS, what's recommend me?

Is Personal or Personal Plus my best option?

Please, i need any suggestions for this.

Thanks,
sorry for my bad English.

Hello.
That totally depends on what you want to do with it and what the customer wants to do with it, which requirements.

There is a very good comparison on the pricing page of DA.

So without further info, it's not doable to give any good suggestions.

They are for managing websites.

The one of my Hosting is for some of my clients, it is shared and the other one is for a unique web project of a client. I need to access the basic options for web projects just for the moment.

Thanks

For the basic options for a unique website the personal license would be enough.
The real only differences between the personal and personal plus license, is that the plus can have 2 accounts, so admin and 1 other and 20 domains and the normal personal license only 1 user account, so admin and 10 domains.
Personal plus also has the pro pack, which are some extra features, which can be nice but are not really needed most of the time.

Personal licenses are intended for hobbyists and small businesses, not for shared hosting.
You can run multiple domains and e-mail addresses for seperate domains, but you can't give every customer their own account to login in DA.
Because in the personal license there is only the admin account, so they can get to anything.

And on the personal plus license, you only have 1 extra account, so for 1 customer.
So unless you are the one maintaining all domains/websites and email adresses etc. for your customers, you can can't use a personal license.

So if multiple clients must have their seperate account, you can't use any of the personal licenses.

Last edited:
Sorry @Moriort I made a small typo, can should have been can't. I changed it, but just wanted to let you know.
So personal plus license is only for your and 1 other customer, personal licenses is not suited for multiple customers needing their own accounts.

If I may hook onto this question.

I always had DA via the hostingprovider. Most of the time for free or just a few bucks extra of charge. It does not have the Pro pack, but I can create as many user accounts as I want.
Now I was looking to setup an own server for about 5 different websites. Is it correct that I need the Standard license? Because I see the Personal license only has 1 account and 10 domain? Does 1 account mean 1 DA account or does it mean installation on 1 server?
Because then the price gap is quite big compared to the license supplied by the hosting providers. How can they offer it for so low?

Does 1 account mean 1 DA account or does it mean installation on 1 server?
Because then the price gap is quite big compared to the license supplied by the hosting providers. How can they offer it for so low?
yes, personal - one account (it's admin account) with up to 10 domains, without posibility to create separate accounts.
---
hosting providers giving you "internal" licenses, or early buyed "lifetime" licenses, they payed for it once and can use them up to 2038, but without any new features like ProPack and without support from DA team.

Untill 2038, wow, they had a good deal I see :D.

So, 1 admin account with 10 user accounts? Or 1 account with 1 domain and 9 domain pointers? Sorry it's not clear to me, I never looked into it before and not perfectly understanding the differences.

So to cut short, in my case, I need 1 admin/reseller account and 5 different user accounts (1 domain each), the license I need is the Personal one or the Standard one after all?

Or 1 account with 1 domain and 9 domain pointers?
Neither. It's 1 account (being admin) with 10 domains. So if you want to make pointers it's 1 domain and 9 pointers and so on.

There is also the personal plus license which has 2 accounts (1 admin and 1 other) and 20 domains and the pro pack for 3 dollars/month more.

I need 1 admin/reseller account and 5 different user accounts (1 domain each),
For 5 different user accounts you can use the Lite license, that has 10 accounts and 50 domains. And it's cheaper than the standard license.
This has pro pack and ticket support included.

Back