Can't change DNS and/or MX for customer when logged in as reseller with EVO skin. Options not present.

Richard G

Verified User
Today I discovered another strange thing in the Evo skin.
In Enhanced skin, when I'm logged in as admin or reseller, then list users, select a user and login as that user, I can change the user's DNS settings. I do get a notice that I'm logged in as admin and the user has no permissions. Which is correct, because some users don't have dns management in their packages.

However, trying the same thing when the user has Evo skin, this won't work. I can't even see the MX page for the user.

So is this a bug or am I missing something here?

hi @Richard G. Latest evolution after log-in-as operation does not allow any actions that would not normally be available for the user.

Earlier versions had exception for DNS control. Thanks for reporting this. We are working on this issue and in next release we will restore the old behaviour or introduce new DNS control page for Reseller accounts so that it would be possible to manage DNS without using login-as functionality.

and in next release we will restore the old behaviour or introduce new DNS control page for Reseller accounts
Thank you. Hopefully this also includes the separate MX page which wasn't accessible either.

Back