CentOS 7.9 and da build php (y/n)

Invader Zim

Verified User
We have a couple of servers running CentOS 7.9. They can't update php anymore, or exim:

exim:
Code:
rfc2047.o: In function `rfc2047_decode2':
rfc2047.c:(.text+0x49f): undefined reference to `libiconv_open'
rfc2047.c:(.text+0x543): undefined reference to `libiconv'
rfc2047.c:(.text+0x5f2): undefined reference to `libiconv_close'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [exim] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/tmp/tmp.HOIU6gWbSl.exim-4.97.tar.gz/build-Linux-x86_64'
make: *** [all] Error 2
doExim: failed to compile '/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/cache/exim-4.97.tar.gz' inside '/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/tmp/tmp.HOIU6gWbSl.exim-4.97.tar.gz'
failed to compile exim 4.97

php 8.1:
Code:
checking if iconv supports errno... no
doPhp_build: failed to compile '/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/cache/php-8.1.26.tar.gz' inside '/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/tmp/tmp.j8iqiEV044.php-8.1.26.tar.gz'

libiconv is too old, apparently. Currently installed 1.16, but custombuild does not update to 1.17.

On another 7.9 server the complaint was that libzip.so.5 could not be found. After trying a few things which failed miserably I decided to build the new libzip from source, and then rebuild php.

So can we please have custombuild use the newer dependencies?

Please search the forums before posting, there are multiple post about compiling and the libiconv issue.

Try this.

I did exactly what it said in that post. da build remove_old_local libzip. That made it so both 8.1 and 8.2 couldn't even start, and compiling was a bust too.

I tried the options mentioned in the link johannes provided.

During build all whilst configuring for nginx it threw
Code:
configuring additional modules
adding module in ../modsecurity-nginx-v1.0.3
checking for ModSecurity library ... not found
checking for ModSecurity library in /usr/local/modsecurity ... not found
 ./configure: error: ngx_http_modsecurity_module requires the ModSecurity library.

*** There was an error while trying to configure Nginx. Check the  file
2023/12/14 07:45:44  info executing task            task=action=notify&message=CustomBuild+installation+has+failed%2C+please+check+the+following+file+for+more+information%3A%0A%2Fvar%2Flog%2Fdirectadmin%2Fcustombuild.1702536187.99687.YWxsAA.log&subject=CustomBuild+installation+has+failed&value=admin

So I did
Code:
da build modsecurity
da build all

The entire process took about 45 minutes, but all is working and updated.

Back