Centos OS 4.0 & Direct Admin

sohaib

Verified User
Hello All,

I've install Centos 4.0 in my server and everything went smooth without any problem but when it comes to working with large Mysql database , Mysql give errors while importing any database to your server the error is - Duplicate Column found or something.

I dont know why that happends but I am looking for some solution , does any one know anything.

Thanks

Does this happen with all databases or only large ones? What is the ballpark size of these databases?
What method are you using to restore them? (command line etc?)

Oh and what are the MySQL versions (old and new).
Is everything imported properly regardless of the errors?

I dont remember the version of Mysql but all I know I've a default version of Mysql which comes with Centos 3.4 and once I upgraded to Centos 4. it says Duplicate Column I dont know why but it only happends to two of my major databases in my server .

I also post a link on this thread so let me know if thats what I was suppose to be doing in order to ignore that ERROR.

Thanks

Give it a try, you don't really have anything to loose since you've got backups and if it doesn't work then you can cross one more thing off the list to try.

You say you upgraded CentOS, is this on the same server or a different server (transfer + upgrade), if it was the same server, wouldn't your MySQL data be preserved during the upgrade?

Back