change file path and AutoSSL

Remmsi

Verified User
Hi Team,
I am new user here, first time trying Direct Admin. I want to use it same like cPanel/VestaCP because I am using these past 10 years.

After installation I configured 2 domains and enabled Let's encrypt SSL but still It's not updated even after 30 hours.
I copied all files to /home/admin/domain/public_html but in browser it shows index file of /var/www/html.

I need these help urgently

I copied all files to /home/admin/domain/public_html but in browser it shows index file of /var/www/html.
You don't need to change AutoSSL file path. It will all work automatically if you have set it up correctly.

The index file of /var/www/html is that the "your apache is working correctly" statement? If yes, then the cause is that you are having a DNS issue, either with your or with external DNS or with the nameservers.

If you could supply us with information like a domain name, we can investigate for you.

Hello and welcome Remmsi,

/home/admin/domain/public_html but in browser it shows index file of /var/www/html

Probably it is a DNS or IP settings issue. Usually we can see it when they try to access a domain over IPV6 but a web-server is configured to use only IPv4.

So if you run:

Code:
host domain.com

you will see a list of IPs a domains resolves to. It might be one or several lines.

Then connect as admin and go to an "IP Manager" section. Make sure all the IPv4 and IPv6 from the domain resolving are added there (if you use CloudFlare, the steps might be different).

If the issue is because of missing IPv6, add it there. Then click the IPv4 and go to "Linked IP(s)" and link the IPv4 to IPv6 (selecting add to webserver and DNS).

More information: https://docs.directadmin.com/other-...-is-functioning-normally-instead-of-my-domain

Thank you @Richard G, I didn't change SSL path, just enabled it.

@zEitEr @Richard G Actually I added 2 domains from the UI and copied moved file to /home/admin/domain/public_html. As I do this with other panel.

But the issue is, those files are not showing when I hit URL in browser. It shows a index file of /var/www/html. So I want It should show files of domain/Public_html instead of /var/www/html

Let me try your suggestions

Hi, Now everything works well as expected but I stuck in a strange situation.

When I am trying to install fresh application it works well but when I copy all files from another server it gives error of htaccess. You don't have permission to access this resource. Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe.

I simply zip public_html and then extract in this server.

Oke. Just to be sure check the ownership of other files. Normally (if you use php with php-fpm mode) then alle files should get the ownership of the account owner.

If they are not all correct, you can always use this script via SSH as root to fix it for alle accounts:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/
./set_permissions.sh user_homes

Hey @Richard G ,
Yesterday I faced this issue and then I solved it with exim rebuild but today I am facing same problem and not able to solve as per previous topics. I tried exim rebuild, CSF update but same problem

Connection could not be established with host hostname.com :stream_socket_client(): Unable to connect to hostname.com and port (Connection refused)

Hello.
Seems you have a different issue now, because yesterday you had an issue with a .htaccess file.
And now you see to have issues with Exim?

That is a new issue. Best is to open a new topic for that. Because that is not autossl related.

Back