Couple Issues

Niladuial

Hi, i have recently installed Directadmin on Debian and have found some issues to solve, i hope somebody can help me out here.

1: After reboot everything works fine, but lets say after 12 hours, no webpages work at all, i have to reboot debian so they can start working again, how can this be solved?

2: How can i add a subdomain without adding main domain to the apache config file or without hosting that domain on my server with nameservers?

3: I have added 4 more ip in directadmin, but i can't use them throu terminal if i want to run bitchx, how can i enable all new ip's for use on IRC?

I hope someone can answer me :)

Sincerly

Niladuial

1. You have to find out why. You've got lots of error logs on your server, and you can test to see if httpd is even running.

You almost never have to reboot a linux server (we have some running over a year); it's not Windows ;).

2. Add the subdomain as if it were a main domain. If you want your local DNS server to host DNS for the subdomain, then you need to add NS records for the domain to the zone file hosting the main domain; wherever that is, pointing to your server's DNS servers.

3. You add them to your OS's method for adding IP#s, through the shell.

Jeff

Back