custombuild AND csf missing menus

rnbwkat

Verified User
I am about to rip all my hair out and since I beat my 3rd cancer last year and all my hair is now growing back, I really don't want to do that. Argh.

I have 6 servers - all running DA. Mix of CentOS 7.x and 1 at 8.x. On ONE - yes ONE server, (the newest) when I ran the install, no issues at all. We did migrate about 50 accounts from cPanel on another host to DA and that is working fine after debugging some mysql/php issues. BUT, the real problem - even though CSF is installed and working, and of course so is custombuild since it is used to make changes, neither of those menu items show up on this server!! I searched and found the issues of the plugin.conf permission issues - fixed that. There are zero errors in the error.log when DA starts up now. But for the life of me I can't get either menu item to show up. They both show up clearly in the Manage Plugins sub-menu.

I'm just going to rip my hair out :-(
The problem is I can' risk a re-install as ALL the accounts were migrated and we can't afford downtime. Everything is working flawlessly, with the exception of using custombuild or CSF in the DA panel directly.

Help!! :)

If you used setup.sh auto
It should have installed csf and the plug-in for you. If not the reinstall of csf is on the doc site in my signature or on the csf website. You can rerun those anytime.

for CB the plug-in is in ./build

just run ./build to see all options

look for cb_plugin or something similar

On my phone going from memory

ps cancer sucks. So congrats.

Last edited:
I did install csf after DA, and still no luck, even with the install.directadmin.sh
Also tried the ./build custombuild_plugin -- no luck.
What is interesting is that the plugins themselves show up, but not the actual menu items.

Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 10.27.22.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-09 at 10.27.37.png

So go up to the login area, Hello Admin
Choose Skin Options
then click reset all.

After you click reset all are the there?

Note if you have customizations they will be gone.

If this doesn't help we might have other thoughts

no change. Even tried creating a new admin level user, thinking it might populate.

Ok
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/plugins
ls -al

Are they all in there? similar to this.
Code:
drwxr-xr-x.  8 diradmin diradmin 4096 Aug  7 16:05 csf
drwxr-xr-x. 11 diradmin diradmin 4096 Jan  7 22:38 custombuild

owner/perms have been normal and one of the first things I checked. :-(

Back