Custombuild broken can only print "phpMyAdmin 5.2.1 requires PHP 7.2+, but 5.6 is installed"

harro

Verified User
Good day!

I run DirectAdmin VMs on Proxmox and after an upgrade to Proxmox 8.2 yesterday, in one of my VMs the custombuild is now broken. When I try to build anything, I only get the following error and then the script ends:

phpMyAdmin 5.2.1 requires PHP 7.2+, but 5.6 is installed

I would like guidance how to resolve this and get custombuild working again - for example should I reinstall custombuild (and how), or does this random error mean that there is a config or cache issue in custombuild that blocks it?). Or is the issue really phpMyAdmin or the older PHP5 version still on the server?

[custombuild]# ./build pureftpd
[custombuild]# ./build all

This only happens on one server of many (Alma linux), but this is the only server that still has PHP 5.6 installed (alongside newer versions). But why would custombuild be bothered by what phpMyAdmin needs hen I try to build totally different software?

I have cleaned the custombuild cache/old files. I have tried to run da build from the command line and from the GUI (both give the same error) and I have tried to build some individual software as well as the "da build all", same issue.

Thank you for your thoughts!

Directadmin drop support phpmyadmin4, you could trying customize version into "4.9.11" and re-build phpmyadmin again, but I'm not sure this will work or not.

Or set switch php_release1 into php8 and use php_release2 into php5.6 instead

Correct, switching php version to higher version in php_release1 should fix the issue.

However, in fact if it's not ask to build, like with build pure-ftpd it shouldn't bother about phpmyadmin or php version.
Wonder why this is done, or maybe it's a bug.

Correct, switching php version to higher version in php_release1 should fix the issue.

However, in fact if it's not ask to build, like with build pure-ftpd it shouldn't bother about phpmyadmin or php version.
Wonder why this is done, or maybe it's a bug.
Thank you, Richard and Ohm, for your responses!

It turns out that switching the PHP versions in the custombuild.conf was the solution (php_release1 is now recent). Custombuild is not compiling fine again!

Prior to running most build commands CustomBuild performs a configuration validity check. It checks all configuration options for potential problems no matter which software will get built.

For phpmyadmin the default PHP version is always used. This means allowing default PHP version to be 5.6 and phpmyadmin enabled guarantees to produce a non-working build after da build all. AS @Ohm J pointed out the best way forward is jus start using newer PHP as default PHP version.

Back