Custombuild with mod-fpm and opcode cache

Joris Bubo

Hello dear Direct Admin Forum readers,

I have these 3 questions and hope they make sense:

I currently run a configuration based on: http://www.bxtra.net/articles/2011-01-05/how-to-directadmin-with-modfcgid, that runs mod_fcgid with a wrapper that runs the php/scripts process as a user and the files are owned by each user. As far as I understand it uses suexec.

I like to run my DA Server with mod-fpm,mod-proxy and again so that each user has its own processes and owns its own files. Can custom-build arrange this for me or only partially already having the above configuration?

The goal is to enable the opcode cache of either APC or the inbuild OpCode cache of php 5.5 or its PECL extension for previous version of PHP, so the question is; Can I make opcode caching available for each individual user in this new configuration?

Is this a reasonably safe setup/good idea, I have no real dangerous customers since I manage most sites/users myself and have a tight control over my new clients?

Hope someone can help me with these questions as they have kept me occupied for a while,
Best Regards, Joris

Correction to the above mod-fpm=php-FPM

Correction:please read php-FPM where it says mod-fpm, mod-fpm does not exist. I could not edit the post. :rolleyes:

Back