Customizing Reseller Panel

sparek

Verified User
Is there a way to remove certain items from resellers control panels?

For example, I see that there is a link to IP Management in the reseller's control panel. If a server has just one IP address, it will list the total number of users (not just that reseller's users) that are on that server using that IP address. And since there's only one IP address on the server, IP Management really has no use.

There are other items I'd probably want to remove and just provide a stripped down reseller panel.

Is there a way to do this from an admin level, so the reseller can't enable the options themselves?

My search for this topic didn't yield a whole lot, but perhaps there is documented some where and I'm just not finding it.

never_commands, commands.deny and feature sets could all be used for this.

Do feature sets work for reseller packages (i.e. /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/packages/reseller_package_name.pkg) or are they only applicable for user level packages (i.e. /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/admin/packages/admin_user_package_name.pkg)?

And is there a comprehensive list of what CMD_WHATEVER refers to each icon in the panel's dashboard? IP Management refers to CMD_... What? System Information refers to CMD_... ?

Seems you can't really customize this to the point that I am wanting.

I can add CMD_IP_CONFIG to /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/%resellerusername%/commands.deny and that will prevent access into the IP Management area ... but it was also prevent the reseller from accessing the Add New User area.

You can disable IP Management from the Evolution Skin so that the icon is not there... but the reseller can just add /reseller/ip-config to their logged in URL to access the IP Management if the icon is not there.

Is there a way to disable specific "routes" or URLs? If there were some way to disable access to /reseller/ip-config that would seem to resolve the issue - although they could probably still access this information through the API.

I suppose I just restrict things more than most people.

Back