DA Backup tool doesn't restore properly

hostpc.com

Verified User
We recently had a server go down, but had valid backups of all customer sites.

We transported those backups to a NEW server, same CP version, same specs. We changed ownerships of all backup files to the administrator, put them in the correct directories, and ran a global restore through the DA control panel.

About 90% of the sites backed up without an issue. About 10% have been the restores from hell. The backups copied, but they refused to reinstall correctly.

On the old box, the master admin name was 'admin' - on the new box it's 'webadmin'

From the main login screen for webadmin, all domains (150+) appear to be listed, but if you login to reseller panel, there's only 12.

Unable to read /home/spamlite/backups/backup/spamlite.com/email/email.conf Can't get a lock on /home/spamlite/backups/backup/spamlite.com/email/email.conf

I'm outta ideas, but I thought this was gonna be a one-step restore. Any ideas?

Joe

PS: It's not a matter of dataskq updating, I've done that 2x and it's been 2 days.

Thx

Also getting clients with domain ownership problems:

I can see the first page of stats, but when I click on each month I get the following error:

webalizer cannot execute request "Details: You do not own that domain"

This whole box is messed up.

John - can I hire you guys to come in and take a look?

If the DirectAdmin folk can't do the job for you I hope you'll consider one of the rest of us who specialize in DirectAdmin administration and troubleshooting.

I know I'm not the only one here who does that. I believe John and Mark don't mind if we post under "Help Wanted" even though it was originally set up just for DA to use.

Jeff

Back