DA HQ

apogee

Verified User
Don't get me wrong but why is DA now in a warehouse and no longer in a shopping center like in "St Ablerta"? This really scares me! The Eastern Europeans are taking over more and more (I am also European! it just amazes me!!)..

I really have a no idea if I should better switch back to cpanel, Support is getting worse and worse (also from John & Mark)!

We've always used some kind of mailbox service. There is no walk-in customers for a control panel business.

If you are concerned, please e-mail us and I will refund all your past licenses no matter how old they are. This way, you can move to another solution and there will have been no cost or loss to you for using DA.

Could you please reply back here once you have e-mailed us? I would like others to see that we are willing to do things like this, long after the purchase. :)

but why is DA now in a warehouse and no longer in a shopping center like in "St Ablerta"?
Warehouse? Shopping centre? St. Ablerta? I don't know where you're coming from, but I've never seen a shopping centre or warehouse for DA or any other panel. 😂

Our old mailbox service was in a strip mall (shopping-center type area) so I think this is what he means. It is easy to assume that it was an actual office location or store in a mall. But of course, nobody drives to the store to buy a control panel. :LOL: I don't think any software companies have retail store fronts, especially control panels.

I was trying to say, even if it is a license 15 years old we would be willing to refund it because nobody should be "scared" (it is a powerful word). We are the same people, just under a lot more pressure, so some things are different for sure. But if someone is really scared and wants to leave, we would not keep their money. :)

Refund 15 year old lifetime licenses? That would be very odd thing to do. People bought them as lifetime license, so it's for life. Could be very costfull for the company if you would do such thing. ;) Might be a bit too much service to give.
If people get "scared" let them buy a dog. :)

Refund 15 year old lifetime licenses? That would be very odd thing to do. People bought them as lifetime license, so it's for life. Could be very costfull for the company if you would do such thing. ;) Might be a bit too much service to give.
If people get "scared" let them buy a dog. :)
On the other hand: If DA would refund a lifetime license, it would not be usable/resellible anymore. (I do not advice nor approve selling it but I know it happens.) So maybe not? (I do not mean this against DA. Since even tho lifetime licenses are life long, they do not generate money after the sale. And thus are as said: unsustainable.)

Oh come on, I said "don't get me wrong", I know this from my own experience, you think no one wants to visit his hoster but there are always customers who want to, at and any time gladly, we like to drink coffees with customers.

I was only surprised because the address suddenly points to a warehouse... (and I don't get any answers anymore) and no, I want to keep my licenses!

In my imagination DA has a cool office with many programmers (with pinball machines and slides and other cool things), like our company. Didn't think it was just a mailbox.

And yes, to be honest, I wanted to visit DA on my next Canada holiday.

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, this was certainly not my intention! Peace!

Last edited:
In my imagination DA has a cool office with many programmers (with pinball machines and slides and other cool things), like our company. Didn't think it was just a mailbox.

I'd like that too! Although we would probably get nothing done. :ROFLMAO: Maybe things would be different if all customers were local.. But even then, it would be for coffee visits like you said. The last "local" customer I spoke with was about 1000 km away.

Also, it would be something that had to be passed on as a price increase...

Imagine software A and software B are completely identical, but software B costs more because you are paying for their office and pinball machines. Every single person will buy software A because it's the same thing, but better price. :)

I'd like that too! Although we would probably get nothing done. :ROFLMAO: Maybe things would be different if all customers were local.. But even then, it would be for coffee visits like you said. The last "local" customer I spoke with was about 1000 km away.

Also, it would be something that had to be passed on as a price increase...

Imagine software A and software B are completely identical, but software B costs more because you are paying for their office and pinball machines. Every single person will buy software A because it's the same thing, but better price. :)
You can do as Alphabet (google) spy / use al data on every DA box and use / Abuse that for ... then there should be enough money left for that kind of "KIDDY" workplaces. ;)

Don't get me wrong if you have some spare time / workpause then ofcourse it is fun to have such things, i'm walking in the forest here then. Is more Green then such a workplace with slurpy WATTS.

Back