DA not responding to port 2222

blaszlo

Verified User
Hello all,

I installed the latest custombuild 1.1 to configure suPHP and now DA is not responding on port 2222 for me to login. I had custom Apache VHosts which were all set back to default and now all sites are down for the count. I can get those reconfigured without DA, but how can I begin to get DA back up?

suphp should have nothing to do with directadmin not running at all.

/etc/init.d/directadmin restart

I've restarted DA servive to no avail. I actually ran the entire custombuild ./build all d

Well then check your firewall and check netstat to see if it is bound to the port. Directadmin doesnt use php at all.

ps xua | grep -i directadmin | grep -v grep

netstat -na | grep -i list | grep 2222

iptables -L -v -n | grep 2222

Code:
#netstat -a | grep :2222
yields no results.

Code:
# service directadmin restart
Stopping DirectAdmin:                                      [FAILED]
Starting DirectAdmin:                                      [  OK  ]
Still can't get it started properly. I think there is something seriously wrong happening with the DA service. Stopping iptables temporarily doesn't help either, probably because it doesn't seem DA is correctly bound to the port.

If netstat doesnt show it is bound to 2222 then something is wrong when it starts.

Check /var/log/directadmin/error.log

Code:
/var/log/directadmin/error.log

2011:11:13-11:49:09: Can't connect to ssl!
2011:11:13-11:49:09: -> A failure in the SSL library occurred, usually a protocol error.
2011:11:13-11:49:09: -> error:00000001:lib(0):func(0):reason(1)
2011:11:13-11:51:48: Socket write error: fd is connected to a pipe or socket whose reading end is closed.  When this  happens the writing process will also receive a SIG_PIPE signal.  (Thus, the write return value is seen only if the program catches, blocks or ignores this signal.)
2011:11:13-11:51:48: Error while sending /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/installatron/images/i.js
2011:11:13-12:07:39: Can't connect to ssl!

Looks like we found our culprit. Now what?

Code:
# ./directadmin b2000
Debug mode. Level 2000
error loading certificate: /usr/local/directadmin/conf/cacert.pem

I did a search on the server for this file and couldn't find it. Isn't there a DA script to rebuild those SSL certs?

This worked perfect! Back up and running. Thanks, as always for your help, SCSI!!!

If you do this it should fix all your configs for suphp:

echo "action=rewrite&value=httpd" >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue
/usr/local/directadmin/dataskq d

Back