DA user restore merge email

creaktor

I'm fairly new with direct admin. I have a new server, made backups from the old server and migrated the users.

I did that on 14-10-2020 to test.

On 17-10 I did this migration again with a backup of 15-10 instead of the backup of 17-10.

In the meanwhile new email is coming into that new server. When I would pick the right backup (17-10) and restore it again, does it merge all emails?

The only problem is, how can I restore email only and maintain the rest? Like in the attachment? Is that MERGE?

Attachments

• emailmerge.png
    emailmerge.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 32
First off ensure you have active backups before you start such an operation.

I've recently restored email using the DirectAdmin backup script. The old email is added to the folder and overwrites duplicate mail. Any newer emails are left alone.

So restoring your backup file would actually bring in the old mail and keep the new mail combining both.

First off ensure you have active backups before you start such an operation.

I've recently restored email using the DirectAdmin backup script. The old email is added to the folder and overwrites duplicate mail. Any newer emails are left alone.

So restoring your backup file would actually bring in the old mail and keep the new mail combining both.
Thank you! It indeed seems to work.

Back