DirectAdmin 1.31.1

If it doesn't go, check the task.queue and crond:
http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=107

Failing that, yes, do it manually:
http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=29

John

Ok, did it manually. Thanks!

Edit: just one comment though. The random password generator is odd, because we can only see ******. I found it odd too when using the button while adding an user, but then I figured the user would receive the password and it's alright. But now this is not the case. :)

So if it was possible to change the field type from password to plain text that would be awesome.

Last edited:
Perhaps. If you do be sure to watch for errors (see the posts directly above yours).

Jeff

Edit: just one comment though. The random password generator is odd, because we can only see ******. I found it odd too when using the button while adding an user, but then I figured the user would receive the password and it's alright. But now this is not the case. :)

So if it was possible to change the field type from password to plain text that would be awesome.

New version is out and the problem is still there. As it is now, the button is useless, it's just decoration. :confused:

When we create a new user with the Random Password generator our users DO get the email with the random password inserted.

Do your users not get any email at all?

Or do they get an email with something else in the password field?

Note that if you resend the email, it won't include the passwords.

That's because Linux doesn't save the passwords.

Jeff

When we create a new user with the Random Password generator our users DO get the email with the random password inserted.

Do your users not get any email at all?

Or do they get an email with something else in the password field?

Note that if you resend the email, it won't include the passwords.

That's because Linux doesn't save the passwords.

Jeff

I'm talking about the feature added on the 1.31.1 update, which is the random password button at the MySQL database creation page. For the user creation page it's alright, the user does receive an email with the password.

Hello,

No email is sent for MySQL user creation.
The password is shown on the next page after you create the account.

John

Hello,

No email is sent for MySQL user creation.
The password is shown on the next page after you create the account.

John

Yeah, I actually noticed that after I posted, when I actually used the page. I was too ashamed of my post (and busy) and was hoping you would not notice my post. Sorry John. :D

Back