DirectAdmin 1.664

fln

Administrator
Staff member
We are happy to announce the release of DirectAdmin 1.664.

This release brings MySQL 8.4 support, TLS certificate cache, security.txt templates, a major upgrade to the DB backup restore logic, and more smaller improvements.

A full release change log is here:

DirectAdmin 1.664

The update should be automatically available for all installations subscribed to the current release channel.

We appreciate all the feedback on forums and issues reported in the ticketing system.

Thanks!

Hi @fln

We noticed on multiple servers that after updating to v1.664 the option "Add Subdomain" no longer works with the Evolution skin. No subdomain is being created. When switching to the depricated Enhanced skin, there are no issues.

I have checked the logs and can't find any related error messages. Also when trting to add a new subdomain, no error message is shown.

Our current version: directadmin current v1.664 4041f053552f68fba50fc5972644607eeb57a5c2

Reactions: fln
On all DA servers i got the same warning:
This is an automated message notifying you that DirectAdmin has been successfully updated with warnings.
v1.663 (8e4822b) to v1.664 (4041f05)

Warning message:
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/update.sh:
acme_server_cert_enabled=1

Should I take any action ?

@Unifex, this message is completely harmless.

It shows that update script detected that automatic TLS certificates were in use and updated newly introduced configuration options to reflect that.

Thanks for reporting it, we will hide this surplus message with next update.

Thanks for reporting it, we will hide this surplus message with next update.
Sometime it's useful message when someone have too much customize their server and notice them.

👍 @Ohm J the plan is not to hide update warnings in general. Just this particular line, because it will be present on all servers that uses LetsEncrypt or ZeroSSL for host name certificate (in other words most of the servers :) ).

Can you add updating hostname for roundcube in config.inc.php, I updated hostname, but even after rewrite_conf rebuilding exim and roundcube - there was still old hostname like: H=(server-11-22-33-44.da.direct) [127.0.0.1] in exim logs and gmail declines to receive mails

@Erulezz there is no such option, I'm on 1.663 yet. Is roundcube will take correct hostname from this value in future?

What's up with this nonsense on the login screen? This is not thing for DA to decide to show to customers or not. :mad:

This server is running DirectAdmin legacy codebase, which receives limited development.
Please remove this nonsense -at once- or provide an instant fix to remove it. This is downright inapproriate.

Thanks @Erulezz, the message is out of place on mobile devices and the colors does not work well on white background. An update is released to move it away. Thanks for reporting it.

@Richard G, this informational message is designed for desktop users. Lets contain the legacy codebase discussions in this thread.

Similar to all the other aspects of login page - it is possible to customize this message away using Evolution login page customizations.

Last edited:
this informational message is designed for desktop users. Lets contain the legacy codebase discussions in this thread.
It's a newly pointless thing created in this release, so it's a release thing. No need at all and no reason to put it there to begin with for desktop users.
But a solution in that thread would be appreciated. It might even possibly violate GPDR/AVG too.

fln said:
this informational message is designed for desktop users. Lets contain the legacy codebase discussions

I'm really curious how such a decision is made? Let's get real, this is not about desktop users - this is yet another push or tease to make server operators walk away from the legacy codebase. I don't think you are fooling anyone, frankly.

If you are not having much luck with the conversion from legacy to active codebase, you may want to review your business practices, pricing, modes of communication etc. Pushing your users around will get you nowhere.

File manager is broken when copy or moving files

Cannot select or browse (New Path)

@fln

Reactions: fln
Thanks @unihostbrasil, the issue is fixed with an update. No additional action is needed as part of an update permission discrepancies will be fixed.

Back