DirectAdmin and CloudLinux

AndrewM

Verified User
Hey,

This is my second try to see if DA would be a good replacement for our cPanel stack but I'm running into multiple errors and problems upon trying to get a working setup. Installing stuff works until something breaks, you fix it and and after that something else breaks and so on.

Ideally, the stack would be something similar to this:
  • CloudLinuxOS 8.7
  • DirectAdmin latest
  • PHP 5.6, 7.4, 8.0, 8.1, 8.2
  • MySQL 8/MariaDB 10.6
  • Imunify360
  • KernelCare
  • CageFS
  • Litespeed Enterprise
  • Let's Encrypt
  • Acronis
  • MailChannels/Spam Experts
  • 3x DNS only machines
Does anyone have a similar working setup? I know this involves multiple vendors but I'm curious if someone already got this working and if this is worth the hassle long term. If someone else has a better/simpler setup, please let me know and I'll stop messing with this haha!

Thanks,
Andrew

Hello Andrew,

The setup is fine. I don't see anything that would fail to work under Directadmin. So I wonder, what errors did you face? You might give us your steps and a full text. This way you will get a possible solution faster.

Initially DA install failed because MariaDB failed to install (yum failed to acquire lock and exited). Did a full re-install and on the next try it worked. After having a successful CloudLinux OS + DA setup, I've bumped into this which I've worked around it but after configuring CloudLinux plugin for DA, it wasn't loading anymore so I went ahead and formatted everything. Next I did a DA setup on AlmaLinux and converted to CloudLinux after DA setup which seems to have worked for now. Thanks for confirming that this works, it seems like it's mostly about figuring out a working flow and how to set things up and fix them as they come up, it's not out of the box :)

Thanks for the details.

Much time spent on failed installations on different OS too :)

DirectAdmin is being constantly improved. As a side effect some nasty bugs might occur. Nevertheless it's good to see them fixing the errors enough quick.

Back