DirectAdmin and WordPress sending problem

I receive the emails but they don't go out.
That is something that I totally don't understand.
Domains are resolving, but outgoing mails getting timeouts.

Normally this problem always points to a tcp port 25 outgoing being blocked somewhere.

You said the command telnet mail.directadmin.com 25 worked from the server and gave a connection, right?
So then I don't know anymore what could be the cause.

I presume on the MX page of the lc-creation.nc domain the option "use this server to handle the mail" is selected.

You said the command telnet mail.directadmin.com 25 worked from the server and gave a connection, right?
So then I don't know anymore what could be the cause.
The result of the telnet :

[ec2-user@doppio ~]$ telnet mail.directadmin.com 25
Trying 167.172.23.237...
Connected to mail.directadmin.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 doppio.minnicoffee.ovh ESMTP Exim 4.96-58-g4e9ed49f8 Thu, 31 Aug 2023 05:51:26 +1100

It seems to work?

It seems to work?
AHA, there is the problem. No it does not work, it redirects port 25 to localhost for some reason.
It connects to your server, not to directadmin.

It should be like this:
Code:
telnet mail.directadmin.com 25
Trying 167.172.23.237...
Connected to mail.directadmin.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 do.directadmin.com ESMTP Exim 4.96-58-g4e9ed49f8 Wed, 30 Aug 2023 13:08:27 -0600

You have your server with OVH right? Ask them to open port 25 for you.

AHA, there is the problem. No it does not work, it redirects port 25 to localhost for some reason.
It connects to your server, not to directadmin.
Ouuups :( !! Okay, now I understand. I'll check with AWS.I'll keep you informed

You have your server with OVH right? Ask them to open port 25 for you.
The server is on AWS. I had taken the domain from OVH.

Thank you very much for your help and your determination! It's a real pleasure!

Hello,
AWS does not want to open port 25. I try to use a plugin on wordpress sites to send emails with port 587 but it doesn't work.

I therefore use the email address settings on directadmin :

2023-08-31 16:29:50 Received from [email protected] H=doppio.minnicoffee.ovh (www.lc-creation.nc) [13.54.199.177] P=esmtpsa X=TLS1.3:TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384:256 CV=no A=login:[email protected] S=1641 id=[email protected] T="Message depuis lc-creation.nc"
2023-08-31 16:29:50 [email protected] R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp defer (-54): retry time not reached for any host for 'outlook.com'

AWS does not want to open port 25.
Then I would move to another provider.
Port 587 is only for SMTP traffic, so this way you can not use your own mailserver. Unless maybe when you use a smarthost. You could have a look at such option.

You will keep having those timeout errors if you use the server's mailserver for normal mail actions, because that requires port 25 to be open.

Back