DirectAdmin CSF Automatically Blocks My IP

Sakamoto Ryōma

Verified User
Hello

For about a week, one of my servers blocks my IP address after using the DirectAdmin panel for about a couple of minutes.

I thought it was related to our dynamic IP internet connection, but I also tried with my mobile phone's internet which should be pretty much isolated. It also got blocked.

I thought about malware on my computer (macOS), I tried Avast, but nothing was found.

DirectAdmin is the latest version and CSF is enabled.

Maybe you have for example outlook that is trying to login into an email account with the wrong credentials?
But check /etc/csf/csf.deny
And find your ip with the reason

Also check your /var/log/lfd.log just to be sure.

If can also be Directadmin activating the CSF block, so also check the directadmin BFM logs, which can also be done via the GUI normally.

I used DirectAdmin for a long time but I mostly used third-party email services like Google and Yandex. So I don't have that much experience on the email side.

Dear

The same thing happens to me but with two servers, I have two vps with Directadmin, almost recently configured, and when I am in the panel about 20 minutes it blocks my ip, it happens to me in both panels, it has driven me crazy.
I do not want to disable csf ,
but reviewing the logs I found a modsecurity rule that integrates with csf, is the time in which a rule is activated modsec, ose can be activated 5 times in 1 hour, if it succeeds it is blocked, then I reduce it to 20 minutes, if it is not activated 5 times in that time starts from zero, so far this is my solution in csf
LF_MODSEC = “7”.
LF_MODSEC_PERM = “1200” # OR INCREASE TO “10” IF THERE ARE TOO MANY FALSE POSITIVES.

Back