Directadmin error after update CentOs 5.3

marisuz

I wanted to update the DA, I made it manually

cd /usr/local/directadmin
wget --no-check-certificate -O update.tar.gz 'https://www.directadmin.com/cgi-bin/daupdate?uid=123&lid=1234'
tar xvzf update.tar.gz
./directadmin p
cd scripts
./update.sh
/etc/init.d/directadmin restart

But after the update fails to load will give an error pops up

Unable to read config file. Cannot find the diradmin user. Make sure the diradmin user exists in your system.<br>
This error also comes up when the wrong OS is selected in the license. These binaries were compiled for: Redhat Enterprise 3.0<br>
Segmentation fault

before the update everything was ok
My distribution is CentOS release 5.3 (Final)
Please help

I did not get it, did you manage to download update.tar.gz or not?

Did you change 'https://www.directadmin.com/cgi-bin/daupdate?uid=123&lid=1234' with actual and valid UID and LID?

Login into client area of directadmin.com and make sure, that OS type is the same with one running on your box.

There are 2 curios things.

Unable to read config file. Cannot find the diradmin user. Make sure the diradmin user exists in your system.<br>
This error also comes up when the wrong OS is selected in the license. These binaries were compiled for: Redhat Enterprise 3.0<br>
Segmentation fault

Here it say for RH3, not 5 so should be a not proper os in license inside client area.

Second, diradmin user doesnt exist? That should be pretty strange cause should be created once DirectAdmin is installed first time i suppose.

Check the license in client area or try contact directadmin support.

Regards

this happened to me too.
I've just updated a few servers (to latest 1.41) and one of the servers decided not to start the directadmin process:
Code:
Unable to read config file. Cannot find the diradmin user.  Make sure the diradmin user exists in your system.<br>
This error also comes up when the wrong OS is selected in the license. These binaries were compiled for: Redhat 7.2<br>
(I'm using CentOS 6)

On an upgrade that's strange, i would suggest to contact DirectAdmin support.

Regards
it's stranger than that, because all the servers I upgraded had the same version/OS/config, and only one failed.

Sound starnge to me that an DA update remove diradmin user.... are you sure license is correctly set and match your os?

Regards

Sound starnge to me that an DA update remove diradmin user.... are you sure license is correctly set and match your os?

Regards
well,
it was working perfectly before the update.
but now that you mentioned it, in the license I can see:
Code:
Operating System	RedHat 7.2
I'll contact support... :S

Hello,

To clarify, the OS set in the license file affects which binaries are downloaded.
So if the OS in the license was changed at some point before the update, when the update happens, the wrong binaries would be downloaded.
It should be an easy fix, just set the OS to the correct value in the license, then grab a new set of binaries

John

It should be an easy fix, just set the OS to the correct value in the license,
To be more correct: This means... mail sales with the correct OS so they can change it for you on your license, because you can't change this yourself.;)

Back