Solved DirectAdmin high CPU

patrickkasie

Verified User
Dear forum,

I've not been familiar with the lsof -p command until yesterday, and I just discovered one of our servers being extremely slow through a MySQL and a DA process. I'm not sure how to read everything, but I concluded that the 2000 or so open files going on in the background with MySQL is what it's supposed to do, but what's going on with the number of open files going on with DirectAdmin? And perhaps that'll explain why MySQL has its hands full with so much of its processing power being blasted upon.

Edit: It's not done backing up all of the users yet, which explains why DA is still accessing those files. However, it's not usually taking this long. There's something else going on, and my top command does not reveal where most of the resources go in exactly, other than just... being there, being high. Yesterday I've interrupted the backups by rebooting, which obviously failed all pending backups. This, however, did not solve the root of all problems: high resource usage, which is still being carried over to today.

Attachments

• mRemoteNG_Fx4AUZlCOf.png
    mRemoteNG_Fx4AUZlCOf.png
    97 KB · Views: 107
  • mRemoteNG_oqkCDJOxtA.png
    mRemoteNG_oqkCDJOxtA.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
I've used 'px aux' in this case, redacted a personally identifiable name
Edit: Upon checking vps.domain.nl/phpmyadmin/server/status/queries, it looks like we're receiving quite a bit of an increase in requests than we normally expect to be there. It's usually only a tenth of what it normally is. The monitors also look quite interesting. Does this mean my RAM isn't enough to handle the load? Or is it the other way around, as in, is the RAM being hogged up because of all the requests?

Attachments

• chrome_t1Fb9N4vBl.png
    chrome_t1Fb9N4vBl.png
    28 KB · Views: 107
  • chrome_mtWloT0dDH.png
    chrome_mtWloT0dDH.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Back