DirectAdmin v1.63.8 has been released

fln

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone!

We are happy to announce the release of DirectAdmin 1.63.8.

This is a big release finishing up complete migration to the new licensing system and release of a WordPress Manager feature 🎉🕺.

Changes to the licensing system means that starting this release there will be no more periodic license key renewal. License key will be a static file containing only the license key that is visible in the clients area. WordPress Manager (PRO PACK only) will allow to quickly install WordPress in any of user owned domains or subdomains with just a couple of mouse clicks. Users will no longer need to deal with file copying over FTP or command execution over SSH when installing WordPress. WordPress Manager will also allow to reset WordPress admin account password or reconfigure DB configuration.

Release Change log can can be found here:

DirectAdmin 1.63.8

The update should be automatically available for all installations subscribed to the current release channel.

We appreciate all the feedback on forums and issues reported in the ticketing system.

Thanks!
fln

Great!

But there is a problem, the sidebar menu (Evolution, Sidebar variant theme) doesn't dropdown and the search function on top of de sidebar doesn't work unless there are Installatron apps shown (as far as I discovered so far, the problem occurs in Firefox, Chrome and Safari).

I'm seeing the following error in the debug console:

Code:
[Error] TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'r[e[i]]') — app.js:19:60105

thanks for reporting @xyntanlm, could you please fill a ticket with the ticketing system, so we could get access to the server and find the root cause of this issue?

If you need to roll back to the previous version you can do it with /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh stable command.

@xyntanl thanks for your help tracking this issue, we have a hot-fix ready in the beta release channel. We will double check it and will release it to current release channel soon.

@johannes thanks, seems our docs engine handles the internal redirect, but direct link is always better. Docs were updated.

The Wordpress manager throws a 500 error and gives an empty page. I'll open a ticket as well.

If you are have errors like in directadmin journal / error log:

Code:
fatal failed to convert fd to listen socket, make sure fd 3 is a listen socket error=file file+net : getsockopt: socket operation on non-socket

It means WordPress (and other new features like Git or ClamAV) will not work, because you are using CloudLinux CageFS and it blocks internal DA communication socket. We were in touch with CloudLinux team and they have an upgrade for CageFS (v7.4.7) to resolve this issue.

Whenever you receive 500 error in DA you will find an explanation for it in the server logs.

We have pushed a new build for the current release channel 1487dffa0a55c1685feb2ca851996f48c2faa6d5. It inlucdes Evolution fixes to make it work with Installatron plugin again.

Due to large structural changes in the Evolution skin navigation inside Installatron plugin is still clunky. You can navigate from Evolution internal page to Installatron plugin page, but navigation between two Installatron pages fails. Technical reason for that is that Installatron is using fragment parts in URL for navigation (values after `#` symbol) which conflicts with Evolution internal navigation engine. To resolve this we will need to wait for an update from Installatron team, the fix would be to change internal routes to use query parts in URL for navigation (values after `?` symbol).

I also opened Ticket #39338 because there is some issue with navigating to ticket messages from the dashboard. I hope this is no duplicate.

I also opened Ticket #39338 because there is some issue with navigating to ticket messages from the dashboard. I hope this is no duplicate.
Are you running the latest current release? I can't reproduce such an issue on our servers at this time.

No, I'm on beta channel. Happens with DirectAdmin message about auto update.

Back