DirectAdmin v1.63.9 has been released

in such case - read how to use ssh and try to check logs in /var/log/
Why then do I pay a license fee that promises a GUI that I can use? Shouldn't DA customer support at least acknowledge us after paying them a license fee for years?

@afreshup stop crossposting !
This wont help in anyway
What then do you suggest I do? Just close down my web design business and send an email to my clients saying "Sorry, put we paid a company a license fee for years and they will not allow us to contact them." Sorry about your websites folks.....

Some times it helps to take initiative and learn things for yourself.

No web hosting control panel is going to be a 100% self contained complete management system. Web hosting control panels are tools. You have to know what you are doing before you get started with something.

What then do you suggest I do?
Please read my suggestion in other reply to you, but you are still posting all over the forum because you or your hoster is not capable to run your server.
That is not the DA to blame

That's not even close to being right. I have dozens of clients and have done this for years. The few times cPanel has messed up I put in a ticket with WHM and it's fixed the next day. In fact, every panel on the market's true goal is to make their GUI comprehensive enough to encompass all users. That is LITERALLY their goal.

Why then do I pay a license fee that promises a GUI that I can use? Shouldn't DA customer support at least acknowledge us after paying them a license fee for years?
so use official DA license, pay directly them and you will have access to tickets. But if you pay third side - ask them to provide you support.

Please don't crosspost everywhere. You already got some posts about this, and it's off-topic here.

Hello,

After the update from 1.63.7 build 0575ae2c4a8994cabff0dd224f158e53fbc1f29c to 1.63.9 build 0bffb6940ea24c1c95dc7cf4c398811c15b05957 a new menu item has appeared "Plugins" with Featured Applications from Installatron (user level).

Are there any methods to hide it or change it's name ? I have tried Evolution Skin customization menu but there is no option to hide "Plugins".View attachment 5629
Any ideas ?

I believe you can disable the plugins in the user package settings?
Maybe you are right but I don't want to disable users ability to use the Installatron plugin. I just want to have same menu entries like in version 1.63.7 that means disable display of the "Plugins" entry or change its name to more accurate to its content.

Well, I'm out of the hosting business now thankfully, just have a VPS for my own sites/projects....... We can blame cPanel pricing changes for all these issues - everyone flocked over here, demanded DA to "look" like cPanel, then Evo skin became BLOATED like cPanel's....... I miss Enhanced, but it's broken now, some features missing, etc.
Personally, DirectAdmin's appeal was it's fewer updates, even fewer emergency patches, and it's kitschy retro-style.

Wish there was a fork from circa 2018 that only received security and compatibility updates.

Back