DirectAdmin v1.63.9 has been released

Customize Skin not working in the new version.

Version 1.63.9 (build 571e5c9bbe7e08c4a6751ea962fce44d6c7e719a) Changelog
DA build for OSlinux_amd64
Detected server OSrhel7_amd64
Uptime36 seconds

Evolution Version develop-1879 (build 208bf512089e1d2e16d2ab0345c509c3564de9da)

When trying to update any configuration (Default Layout), nothing is saved.

@paulonichio, thanks, got a slight backend/frontend miss-alignment in latest build. Customization functionality (including saved customizations) should be restored now in the latest build 15f430d8ad0bd98da51a02e962bcc0df63aaef35.

@paulonichio, thanks, got a slight backend/frontend miss-alignment in latest build. Customization functionality (including saved customizations) should be restored now in the latest build 15f430d8ad0bd98da51a02e962bcc0df63aaef35.

Thanks @fln.
The problem has been resolved in the build 15f430d8ad0bd98da51a02e962bcc0df63aaef35 ;)

Three update in a row.
Whew!

Anyway, thanks to the developer for their quick respon.

We're still having issues with the direct link to webmail. The link to webmail appears malformed:

Code:
true://domain.com/roundcube

Running the latest commit.

Thanks for reporting the issue @woktron. This is a bug in Evolution where the menu item for Rouncube (or other webmail app) is broken with true instead of https in the URL protocol part. It was introduced when Evo switched to the new API. We fixed it and pushed an update for Evolution.

We lost the ability to login to admin. I can log into our client's sub accounts, but when you try to log into root the login loops until you are blacklisted. Can someone please help us with this issue? We are web designers, and all of our clients are on this VPS.

Thanks!

Updated again to 1.63.9 (build f20433b628875fe6bc3bbf3cf1e5d692cc86d7dd).

This is my fourth update for this release (1.63.9)

So far, luckily never encounter such issues like the others.

AlmaLinux 8.5

My suggestion, maybe you can test the update before releasing, or maybe no?
UI Bug with the File Manager on Mobile Device finally fixed as well.

Well we do test them out :). However DA is quite old project which support very heavy customizations and over time is running on a very large number of exotic server configurations. Some of the issues are impossible to reproduce on a freshly installed system. On the other hand we are making a very big changes internally in the code base, which does not really reflect in the change-log.

This is the reason why we prepared rolling auto-update functionality (where DA instances are slowly updated over a period of time and not all at once) and reliable releasing pipeline (where we can easily and reliably release a hot-fix). When we re-package DA release with some minor change we make sure that not yet upgraded DA instances will receive the latest update with the fix and it is extremely easy for us to push an update. In the long term we would like to move towards more frequent and smaller releases.

Thanks everyone for reporting any issues noted so swiftly. Your feedback is really appreciated.

We have tracked down the issue to csf calls in update.sh, pushed a hot-fix to the 1.63.9 release to avoid causing same issue other systems. This hot-fix also includes an update to the UI issue mentioned by @k1l0b1t.
Hi Fln,

How can I install this hotfix?

Thanks in advance.

@tom1983 sure just upgrade DA to the latest version. Any upgrade method will work.

You can do this manually from CLI using getDA.sh script:

Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh current

If auto-updates are turned on you can just wait and the system will upgrade itself.

@tom1983 sure just upgrade DA to the latest version. Any upgrade method will work.

You can do this manually from CLI using getDA.sh script:

Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh current

If auto-updates are turned on you can just wait and the system will upgrade itself.
Hi fln,

I've executed this, but unfortunately this didn't work.

I can't login into the admin portal with the normal credentials (which haven't changed). I have this issue on both my servers running Ubuntu:
1650524380924.png

I've also tried using passwd admin and change the password, but this didn't resolve the issue as well.

Any help would be welcome as the websites are still up and running, but can't change anything in the DA panel.

Thanks in advance.

@tom1983 could you please create an issue on our ticketing system at https://tickets.directadmin.com/? Thanks. Troubles logging-in seems to not be directly related to the upgrade. Continuing discussion here would derail the thread from the main topic.

Well we do test them out :). However DA is quite old project which support very heavy customizations and over time is running on a very large number of exotic server configurations. Some of the issues are impossible to reproduce on a freshly installed system. On the other hand we are making a very big changes internally in the code base, which does not really reflect in the change-log.

This is the reason why we prepared rolling auto-update functionality (where DA instances are slowly updated over a period of time and not all at once) and reliable releasing pipeline (where we can easily and reliably release a hot-fix). When we re-package DA release with some minor change we make sure that not yet upgraded DA instances will receive the latest update with the fix and it is extremely easy for us to push an update. In the long term we would like to move towards more frequent and smaller releases.

Thanks everyone for reporting any issues noted so swiftly. Your feedback is really appreciated.
Hi fln,
understood!

That's why newer installation don't have such problems.

@tom1983 could you please create an issue on our ticketing system at https://tickets.directadmin.com/? Thanks. Troubles logging-in seems to not be directly related to the upgrade. Continuing discussion here would derail the thread from the main topic.
Hi Fln,

Just to give you a headsup. The update did fix it, but it was my firewall that blocked it because of the many attempts to log in.

Thanks for the help.

When i try to upload my logo show

Unable to mkstemp to create a tmpfile in /home/tmp: Permission denied​

since version v1.63.9

Back