DirectAdmin v1.643 has been released

Code:
CustomBuild script bundled with DA

this good start point to handle OS EOL when some ours, us dont't want to migrate to new OS in the future. like AlimaLinux 8 EOL.

That's right ?

Missing the option to select or copy a scheduled cron admin backups task.

No option to select all and or delete one.

Thanks everyone for, reporting the issues. We have pushed a hot-fix release 3aaaad95cee0f16f2ca5ce83e8becdd296282806, with the following fixes:
  • Removes stray git fetch error message, it has nothing to do with any errors and apparently was a leftover from debugging session that got included in the Evolution sources.
  • Improve language detection for the login page (thanks @paulonichio for the help), language detection will start working for languages that has _ symbols. English language will not be forcefully added to the languages list if directadmin.conf contains languages list in language_list.
  • After logout a full refresh will be performed to allow getting back to custom login page.
This does not cover all the stuff we got reports for, so we expect to have one more release later.

New build b47c5aec04c9ccc5493556eca51c38ece1df823a includes the following fixes:
  • Evolution fix to not throw errors in git feature page
  • Evolution fix issue mentioned by @Hosting Kernel , fixed roundcube link from dashboard
  • Custombuild update to exim makefile

Really curious what was this change ? because of make error what I did report earlier ?
Not sure if it was your report, but after bundling exim Makefile together with custombuild (instead of being downloaded from files server) the embedded file was treated as custom makefile and DA specific patch was not applied on it. So the change was to apply the DA related modifications on exim makefile:

Code:
+USE_OPENSSL=yes
-PCRE_LIBS=-lpcre
+PCRE_LIBS=-lpcre2-8
-CFLAGS=-O -I/usr/local/include -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
+CFLAGS=-O -I/usr/local/include -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -std=gnu99

Without this patch new DA installations were failing.

Softaculous has issued an update if you’re having issues:

/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous/bin/php -d disable_functions="" /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous/cron.php

Pushed 55acaa256ec6ed99b9aaec1050de793b298f62b0 build with the following Evolution fixes:
  • Fixed Ooops message if user uses Evolution with "unknown" language which was not white-listed in language_list, thanks @RickDeckard.
  • Fixed allowed commands selector in new login key page (clicking allow all after searching for commands was broken).
  • Fixed automatic page refresh in Plugin Manager or FTP accounts page after some action was performed.
  • Add missing backup cron-job delete and duplicate buttongs, thanks @exlhost.

just a little question, how do I save the CSS for the login page? Button is not visible (and it's not auto-saved either)

1663778268155.png

In Refreshed layout it is visible in the actions section. Seems to be missing in Grid layout, thanks.

1.643 release version seems to have more skin issues. We didn't see this problem with 1.642 and also 1.643 RC.

When you select a custom skin it always shows the Evolution skin for all users in the browser. Even when the interface shows that an custom skin is selected and used:

Screenshot 2022-09-22 at 10.38.27.png

Also the logging doesn't show any indication what goes wrong and logs that the skin can be read:

Code:
[472952]:Read ./data/skins/customskin/skin.conf without error.  Found 24 entries

Also when you overwrite the Evolution folder with the customskin folder the customskin shows correctly.
When downgrading to 1.642 custom made skins work perfectly again.

I hope this issue can be resolved soon.

Last edited:
@fln Are you testing it on a modern theme? The problem doesn't exist on very old themes.

You should be able to reproduce it by making a copy of Evolution theme and make some changes to it in the css/files.
Than you see that largely custom skin and customisations are ignored.

The following files are read correctly and used:
/usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/customskin/assets/app.html
/usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/customskin/assets/fm.html

However e.g. these important files are not used and loaded from Evolution folders:
/usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/customskin/assets/app.js
/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/admin/skin_customizations/customskin/files/options-v1.json

Also API calls are getting done via Evolution:

and not as expected via:

It seems that Evolution is hardcoded somewhere since 1.634 in DirectAdmin inner workings.

Unfortunately I can't give you root access due to security reasons.

Ohh I see. This makes sense now. I was testing with enhanced.

We no longer support "forking" evolution as a custom skin. Evolution already has too many assets built into the compiled source code. This makes any modifications (except assets substitution) nearly impossible or at least very hard. And with upcoming versions we are planning to start embedding even more small assets into JS code as well.

This is the reason we were working on extending Evolution customizations. So that there would be no need forking it. If there is something you want in Evo to be customisable we could consider it as a feature request.

Forking and modifying Evo is really not recommended and not supported.

Thanks @k1l0b1t, a new build 9fbc18d8145921300201f875709053e1aab5a5f3 is released showing the missing buttons in icon grid layout as well.

1663866977842.png

If there is something you want in Evo to be customisable we could consider it as a feature request.
Sorry if this is off-topic (feel free to delete if this isn't acceptable), but is there a way to throw in a feature request to add the attribute autocomplete="one-time-code" to the Code text input in the Two Step Authentication form on the login page? Or is there a way to easily make that change so it persists through DirectAdmin updates? Right now, I directly modify the login-index.js file in the JavaScript assets to add the attribute to the input; however, it's overwritten with each DirectAdmin update. I haven't automated it in case it's not the best way to make this modification and in case the JavaScript file has changes included in a DirectAdmin update that would be potentially lost by automating it.

It's a nice attribute to have it autofill if the users device is capable.

Reactions: fln
We no longer support "forking" evolution as a custom skin.
That's a pitty. We use forked skins to show DirectAdmin in multiple brands with own theming/logo's. Also we offer the default Enhanced skin (without modifications) to whitelabel customers.

So we still need the option to fork the skin as one Evolution skin with customizations (although great) is not sufficient.

It would be great if names are not hardcoded and Evo can still be forked as with 1.642. Now we are unable to upgrade DirectAdmin.

If there is an other solution for multiple brands within the Evo theme we would love to hear/see that.

Back