DirectAdmin v1.645 has been released

For this release, I notice 2 binary files are missing (might be a lot more as I only check these 2 right now):

1) mysql command is missing (as I'm using mariadb for the starting installation in options.conf)
2) mail command is missing

@fln @DirectAdmin Support Can you check this? It happens since yesterday and I hate it happens on a stable release channel.

Of course both of the above can be easily fixed where I can create symlink and manually install mailutils to get back the mail command but doing this manual thing, I remember it broke DirectAdmin Admin backup as it had a conflict from mailutils dependency packages. So, would you check why the installer did not include the mail utils for us in Debian 11?

As a workaround before the fix is released, what mail package should I install that is compatible with Directadmin?

I made a dedicated post about this yesterday: https://forum.directadmin.com/threa...are-missing-on-clean-install-debian-11.67378/

Curl update is not working on CloudLinux. When starting the update, the installation gets stuck on this:

The new CustomBuild interface says there is a command being executed, and doesn't let you perform the other updates:
"Active command: doMigrateToSystemCur"
It might be related to yum issues on the server. Please try terminating it, and running the following then:
Code:
bash -x /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build doMigrateToSystemCurl

It'd show why it hangs. I was unable to reproduce it on CloudLinux system.

Also problems moving clamav to OS (CentOS 8):
Installing clamav...
Error:
Problem 1: conflicting requests
- nothing provides libjson-c.so.4(JSONC_0.14)(64bit) needed by clamav-0.103.7-1.el8.x86_64
Problem 2: conflicting requests
- nothing provides libjson-c.so.4(JSONC_0.14)(64bit) needed by clamav-lib-0.103.7-1.el8.x86_64
Problem 3: package clamd-0.103.7-1.el8.x86_64 requires libclamav.so.9()(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
- package clamd-0.103.7-1.el8.x86_64 requires libclamav.so.9(CLAMAV_PUBLIC)(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
- package clamd-0.103.7-1.el8.x86_64 requires libclamav.so.9(CLAMAV_PRIVATE)(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
- package clamd-0.103.7-1.el8.x86_64 requires clamav-lib = 0.103.7-1.el8, but none of the providers can be installed
- conflicting requests
- nothing provides libjson-c.so.4(JSONC_0.14)(64bit) needed by clamav-lib-0.103.7-1.el8.x86_64
Problem 4: package clamav-update-0.103.7-1.el8.x86_64 requires libclamav.so.9()(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
- package clamav-update-0.103.7-1.el8.x86_64 requires libclamav.so.9(CLAMAV_PUBLIC)(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
- package clamav-update-0.103.7-1.el8.x86_64 requires libclamav.so.9(CLAMAV_PRIVATE)(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
- package clamav-update-0.103.7-1.el8.x86_64 requires clamav-lib = 0.103.7-1.el8, but none of the providers can be installed
- conflicting requests
Problem 5: package clamav-devel-0.103.7-1.el8.x86_64 requires libclamav.so.9()(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
- package clamav-devel-0.103.7-1.el8.x86_64 requires libclammspack.so.0()(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
- package clamav-devel-0.103.7-1.el8.x86_64 requires clamav-lib = 0.103.7-1.el8, but none of the providers can be installed
- conflicting requests

dnf repolist:
appstream
baseos
epel
extras
powertools

After updating DA, and rest of services:

Time: Thu Nov 24 09:00:33 2022 +0100
Account: clamscan
Resource: Process Time
Exceeded: 37284 > 1800 (seconds)
Executable: /usr/sbin/clamd
Command Line: /usr/sbin/clamd -c /etc/clamd.d/scan.conf
PID: 206921 (Parent PID:206921)
Killed: No

Time: Thu Nov 24 09:00:33 2022 +0100
Account: clamupdate
Resource: Process Time
Exceeded: 37672 > 1800 (seconds)
Executable: /usr/bin/freshclam
Command Line: /usr/bin/freshclam -d --foreground=true
PID: 161985 (Parent PID:161985)

Time: Wed Nov 23 22:33:29 2022 +0100
Account: clamscan
Resource: RSS Memory Size
Exceeded: 1254 > 256 (MB)
Executable: /usr/sbin/clamd
Command Line: /usr/sbin/clamd -c /etc/clamd.d/scan.conf
PID: 161992 (Parent PID:161992)

ERROR: No DatabaseMirror or PrivateMirror servers set in freshclam config file.
ERROR: Unable to find DatabaseMirror or PrivateMirror option(s) that specify database server FQDNs.

To update all works fine.

First 3 messages shows that clamd and freshclam move his location from /usr/local/bin/clamd /usr/local/bin/freshclam (according to my csf.pignore) ok, ill edit it, thats fine.

But have no clue what to do with 4th message, and as it is something in config it can be related with directory change.

Last edited:
After updating DA, and rest of services:

Since update all works fine.

First 3 messages shows that clamd and freshclam move his location from /usr/local/bin/clamd /usr/local/bin/freshclam (according to my csf.pignore) ok, ill edit it, thats fine.

But have no clue what to do with 4th message, and as it is something in config it can be related with directory change.
Which OS is it?

@fln: Did anything change on the startip scripts side? I did a reboot and I noticed the ipv6 address didn't get added
I ran the /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/startips manualy, and it got added.

@fln: Did anything change on the startip scripts side? I did a reboot and I noticed the ipv6 address didn't get added
I ran the /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/startips manualy, and it got added.
The scripts had some minor changes, but the behaviour or the scripts should be identical. I can not reproduce the issue locally. I think it is not related to the update. Please open the support ticket so we could request SSH access and investigate it further.

The scripts had some minor changes, but the behaviour or the scripts should be identical. I can not reproduce the issue locally. I think it is not related to the update. Please open the support ticket so we could request SSH access and investigate it further.
Sadly, I don't have a licence which has support (I have a licence trough my VPS provider).

Can someone notice my post above? I have a support account but I'm lazy to open up a ticket. Also, another issue is, I would like to ask does bubblewrap installation through custombuild is still supported? The reason I ask is, when I run this:

root@sun:/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild# ./build bubblewrap

It just appears the help text (it looks like it does not recognize that command 'bubblewrap')

+-----------------------------------------------------------+
| DirectAdmin WebServices Installer |
| Written by Martynas Bendorius and DirectAdmin |
| Version: 2.0.0 |
| To build everything run: |
| ./build all |
| |
| NOTE: Command all will compile everything as it is set |
| in the options.conf file, please take a look at |
| "./build options"! |

Just have an hotfixed pushed by DA, what is changed in this second hotfix ?,
Is this an fix for this :
Code:
Installing clamav...
grep: /etc/freshclam.conf: No such file or directory
Enabling clamd in systemd...
Failed to enable unit: Unit file clamav-freshclam.service does not exist.
Restarting freshclam.
Failed to restart clamav-freshclam.service: Unit clamav-freshclam.service not fo und.
@fln @DirectAdmin Support

./build jailshell takes care of this.

Thanks, that is new to me as I did not get this information from the log change (the documentation to use the bubblewrap command still exists there).

Where do you use mail command? It has never been a binary as far as I remember, it was just a symlink to s-nail.

The way I use it is by typing in the terminal and I have custom scripts that depend on this mail binary. When I type it in the terminal, it will just complain that the command mail was not found.

Thanks for mentioning s-nail. So, that means the symlink for mail is broken too like mysql symlink to mariadb which did not get created after DA installation with mariadb successfully installed and mysqld is running without error (I had to create the symlink myself).

Took me a little bit of time to reply because I was doing another test clean install and I can confirm mine still does not have mail symlink to s-nail.

Last edited:
A new build of 1.645 4e699ad264538f8c57059873b3ebeb78e20f2e68 is released with the following changes:
  • Evolution fix to remove surplus email accounts count widget at the bottom of the page, reported in the ticketing system
  • CustomBuild fix to create missing symlinks to mysql client binary on fresh installs, thanks @MaXi32

Cant really understand why people are to lazy to open a support ticket or dont never ever want to give root to directadmin support team.

They know what they do and your details are safe, you can easly give them acces via a ssh key.

Cant really understand why people are to lazy to open a support ticket or dont never ever want to give root to directadmin support team.

They know what they do and your details are safe, you can easly give them acces via a ssh key.

I only open a ticket if that is necessary. I don't think it is necessary to allow the DA team to investigate the production server as I can confirm the issue can be reproduced easily from the clean install (they did). I see no reason to give access here unless my setup is custom. Less ticket = less stress I gave to the team. More helpful posts appear on the forum will help others = everybody happy :)

Back