DirectAdmin v1.645 has been released

fln

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone!

We are happy to announce the release of DirectAdmin 1.645.

This release have major changes in how CustomBuild works. CustomBuild is no longer a plug-in in Evolution skin, but part of DirectAdmin. There are a lot of smaller changes and improvements as well.

Release Change-log can can be found here:

DirectAdmin 1.645

The update should be automatically available for all installations subscribed to the current release channel.

We appreciate all the feedback on forums and issues reported in the ticketing system.

Thanks!
fln

A new build 5a7a41a6b7dd7b790563387a07a065fdb0054488 is released, fixing a typo in scripts/removeip.

@realcryptonight, no changes in DA installer. Installation behaves the same as before. If DA_FOREGROUND_CUSTOMBUILD=yes is set installer will run ./build all in the foreground (installer will wait for CB to finish running). Without it ./build all will run in the background.

Plugin existence is ignored by the Evolution skin, but it can still be used in Enhanced. Removing the plugin would remove it from Enhanced. We expect to automatically remove the old plugin at some later point in time in future releases (once CustomBuild script becomes no longer compatible with the old plugin). For this release it does not matter much if you keep it or remove it now.

This release also removes ClamAV, which I had installed via CustomBuild. I'm no getting messages every hour:
The service 'clamav-freshclam' on server ... is currently down
How can this be fixed?
I've already tried to install clamav, clamd and clamav-update via SSH, but it seems to conflict with existing/old config.

I'm having problems opening rspamd as admin. Getting asked for password which was not needed before. Not sure if anybody else having this issue.

@fln Also about Clamav. I understand the removing of curl, because the base os has this present.
However, this is not the case for Clamav. Not every OS has clamav in their repository.
For Centos and Alma Linux, one needs the Epel repository for example, so external repository must be present.

Does that repo get automatically installed on DA installation?

@JosKlever thanks for report, could you please open a support ticket so we could request access to the server to investigate clamav migration on your system. Thanks. You can retry installing OS clamav with /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build clamav command. Or CustomBuild GUI, in the Extra Features -> CustomBuild 2.0 -> Build page, the table called main software will have a row Build ClamAV and a button Build. Maybe fresh build (installation from os packages) will resolve the issue.

@Richard G, we already use a lot of packages from epel repo, and this repo is enabled on RHEL based systems by default. All the DA supported systems have clamav available, so this should not be a problem. The only issue so far is harmonizing clamav from RHEL and Debian systems, since they have slightly different service definitions. Our migration code should cover it, but there might still be some corner cases not yet covered.

@Peter Laws, as CustomBuild is now merged with DirectAdmin upgrading CustomBuild will actually upgrade DirectAdmin (and CustimBuild since it is part of DirectAdmin).

@fln I can't create a ticket, because my license is owned by my host, who installed my server. And I'm not going to give access to my server via a support ticket.
I've tried to build ClamAV again and I get the notice that it's queued, but it fails:
Installing clamav...
Error:
Problem 1: cannot install both clamd-0.103.7-1.el8.x86_64 and clamd-0.104.3-25721.el8.art.x86_64
- cannot install the best candidate for the job
- conflicting requests
Problem 2: installed package clamav-0.104.3-25721.el8.art.x86_64 obsoletes clamav-lib < 0.104.3-25721.el8.art provided by clamav-lib-0.103.7-1.el8.x86_64
- package clamd-0.103.7-1.el8.x86_64 requires libclamav.so.9(CLAMAV_PUBLIC)(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
- package clamd-0.103.7-1.el8.x86_64 requires libclamav.so.9(CLAMAV_PRIVATE)(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
- cannot install the best candidate for the job
- conflicting requests
grep: /etc/clamd.d/scan.conf: No such file or directory
Enabling clamd in systemd...
Failed to enable unit: Unit file [email protected] does not exist.
Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/clamav-freshclam.service -> /usr/lib/systemd/system/clamav-freshclam.service.
Restarting freshclam.
Restarting clamd.
Failed to restart [email protected]: Unit [email protected] not found.
Restarting exim.
Done ClamAV.

I'm using a dedicated server with AlmaLinux 8.7.

@JosKlever it seems clamav installation fails because there are conflicting packages, please check if you have extra repositories enabled with command yum repolist. It should show only:
  • appstream
  • baseos
  • epel
  • epel-modular
  • extras
  • powertools
You can disable surplus repositories with command dnf config-manager --disable {reponame}. Please try running /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build clamav again after surplus repos are disabled.

@fln These were my repos:
appstream AlmaLinux 8 - AppStream
atomic Rocky / CentOS / Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 - atomic
baseos AlmaLinux 8 - BaseOS
epel Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 8 - x86_64
extras AlmaLinux 8 - Extras
powertools AlmaLinux 8 - PowerTools
I've removed atomic, but after that the build gives the same error.

I've removed the clam packages via dnf remove clam* and tried the build again.

It looks better now:
Installing clamav...

Installed:
clamav-0.103.7-1.el8.x86_64 clamav-data-0.103.7-1.el8.noarch
clamav-devel-0.103.7-1.el8.x86_64 clamav-filesystem-0.103.7-1.el8.noarch
clamav-lib-0.103.7-1.el8.x86_64 clamav-update-0.103.7-1.el8.x86_64
clamd-0.103.7-1.el8.x86_64 libprelude-5.2.0-1.el8.x86_64
libtool-ltdl-2.4.6-25.el8.x86_64

Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/[email protected] -> /usr/lib/systemd/system/[email protected].
Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/clamav-freshclam.service -> /usr/lib/systemd/system/clamav-freshclam.service.
Restarting freshclam.
Restarting clamd.
Restarting exim.
Done ClamAV.
Hopefully everything is okay now.

Reactions: fln
We have also pushed out a new DA build (ID 2b01ada9db2a9d137ee508d4553b39a84cd63322) which updates old ClamAV removal logic. It takes care or removing old ClamAV libs from /usr/local/lib64as well, older version would only clean the /usr/local/lib directory.

I am glad you were able to resolve the issue @JosKlever. Yes atomic repo was the suspect, it has leaked its name in your logs in the clamd-0.104.3-25721.el8.art.x86_64 package name 😄.Thanks for sharing how you resolved it.

After applying new hotfix, errors here ::

Updating ClamAV.
##O#- #
##O#- #
Removing clamav...
Removing file: /lib/systemd/system/clamav-clamonacc.service...
Removing file: /lib/systemd/system/clamav-freshclam.service...
Removing clamav/freshclam from services.status...
Removing ClamAV configuration file /etc/clamd.conf...
Removing Freshclam configuration file /etc/freshclam.conf...
Disabling ClamAV in exim.conf...
Removing ClamAV Database: /usr/local/share/clamav...
Removing ClamAV symlinks from /usr/bin...
Restarting exim...
ClamAV has been successfully removed.
Installing clamav...
grep: /etc/freshclam.conf: No such file or directory
Failed to enable unit: Unit file clamav-freshclam.service does not exist.
Restarting freshclam.
Failed to restart clamav-freshclam.service: Unit clamav-freshclam.service not fo und.
Restarting clamd.
Restarting exim.
Done ClamAV.

When i try to start freshclamd service I get this error

Invalid unit name "freshclam.service" was escaped as "freshclam.service\xe2\x80\x8b" (maybe you should use systemd-escape?)
Failed to enable unit: Unit file freshclam.service\xe2\x80\x8b.service does not exist.
@fln @DirectAdmin Support

Last edited:
Also the same problem as above. Managed to get freshclam working, but the clamd service just refuses to start.

Curl update is not working on CloudLinux. When starting the update, the installation gets stuck on this:

Removing file: /usr/local/share/man/man1/curl-config.1...
Removing file: /usr/local/share/man/man1/curl.1...
Removing file: /usr/local/bin/curl...
Removing file: /usr/local/bin/curl-config...
Removing directory: /usr/local/include/curl...
Removing file: /usr/local/share/aclocal/libcurl.m4...
Rebuilding PHP to make sure it does not depend on compiled version of cURL
This system is receiving updates from CloudLinux Network server.

The new CustomBuild interface says there is a command being executed, and doesn't let you perform the other updates:
"Active command: doMigrateToSystemCur"

Back