DirectAdmin v1.646 has been released

I do not know if everyone would agree with me but maybe this could be a good middle ground (at least for now untill we find an even better alternative):

So the (possible) solution could be:

DirectAdmin always pushes new software updates for software that CustomBuilds manages.
If the update of that software is not (yet) tested by DirectAdmin it will tell you that in CustomBuilds extremely clearly.
If a DirectAdmin user want to update to untested software version that CustomBuilds manages then they will be notified about the fact that it might not be compatible with DirectAdmin and might break DirectAdmin/Control panel before allowing to update. (And by extention has no way to update to untested versions via automation to prevent a warning bypass.)

This would allow user to run untested versions of software that CustomBuilds manages but they also know that it is not tested by DirectAdmin and may result in a not functional DirectAdmin server/Control panel.

But I would also like to add that regardless of the outcome of this post, I am on DirectAdmins side as I think tested software versions by DirectAdmin are guaranteed to work without any issues and thus will result in even more stable DirectAdmin in the long run.

EDIT:
I am proposing this possible middle ground because to me it seems that there is a large gap between users that want to run older versions of software and users what want to be on the absolute latest version of the software and with the ideas and ideals of DirectAdmin staff.

Does not it mean cPanel&WHM 104 is required to run RoundCube 1.5? It makes sense to me, as they can be guaranteed that control panel fully supports it. It'd be appreciated if you may explain how it works then and what did you mean with "seperate panel and software update". Thank you.
I was talking about Easyapache and this works independently as you might know. And that is what I mean with seperate panel and software (applications) update. Anyway we can skip this as you don't want to go back to the old system. Not a big problem.

I'd prefer suggestions, instead of going back to the old mechanism where part of DA was split into 2 packages (CB+DA)
Correct and if you don't want to go back to the old mechanism and you rather like suggestions, you know I'm not the person who would not like to make suggestions if possible.
And you know I've always supported Directadmin greatly, in opinion as here on the forums. But I'm no programmer and don't know how to fix this problem. But I think you guys underestimate a bit the issue here which is worrying some of us.

I had a whole text but I removed it, I don't want to create a big discussion again here, so let's get back to a suggestion.
DirectAdmin hotfix release could have just a versions.txt change, as @fln already mentioned, one of the hotfixes was simply PHP 8.2.0RC6 -> 8.2.0 change. DirectAdmin code did not change there at all, we knew it supports it, thus only versions.txt change was applied.
I thought versions.txt would get obsolete?
Anyway this kind of updating is just the problem we're talking about. How can we now update one of the apps without updating DA too. At least one (or maybe more) of the previous times this was not possible. So we had to wait until DA was fixed, because with every ./build update, then DA is also updated. Which is not always wanted because of issues.

If you like suggestions, could it be made so you can create an additional command. So ./build update and then ./build update_versions for the apps (and security updates) and ./build update_da (or something like that) to update DA (maybe that was what @fln ment, I'm not sure).

So we have some way to update important app updates, but skip buggy DA releases if needed. That's all I'm asking for in fact.

Another suggestion, push the application updates to current and stable, and wait a bit longer or test some more the DA versions while in alpha stage, if something like that is possible.

Unless that's what you are talking about now, but as you know I'm not native English either and maybe I missed or misunderstood something.

P.s. maybe one of the mods can move the latest 3 or 4 post with the suggestions to a seperate thread to keep this one clean.

Whatsup with the mobile version? @fln
The complete hamburger menu and top bar is missing after the update.

Cant press the login button on all browser on my iphone 14 pro as well.

Im sorry is this update really full of bugs again?
last half year there are so many bugs in each update which should not be the case and it starting to be annoying. What a mess really.

We did not wanted 2 boxes to update and now they are and the responsive/mobiel view is not working at all without the menu / topbar.

Last edited:
Reactions: fln
Hello
After updating to this version, all sites show 503 error

cloudlinux + DA + litespeed

Hello
After updating to this version, all sites show 503 error

cloudlinux + DA + litespeed

CloudLinux CageFS User Manager error :​

Code:
Deprecated: strstr(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($haystack) of type string is deprecated in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/cagefs/admin/commands.php on line 32 Warning: Undefined array key "action" in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/cagefs/admin/index.html on line 54 Warning: Undefined array key "action" in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/cagefs/admin/index.html on line 63

Litepseed Error :

Code:
2023-01-07 11:04:00.076281    ERROR    [234312] [T0] [APVH_******_Sulsphp_selector:]: Failed to start one instance. pid: -62 Resource limit reached!

Temporary solution :
1 - Disable CageFS
Or
2 - change CageFS to LVE in Litespeed Config

after changer, Build ionCube on server

Please post a solution to fix the problem completely

Attachments

• screenshot_20230107_105209.png
    screenshot_20230107_105209.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 26
  • screenshot_20230107_105243.png
    screenshot_20230107_105243.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 25
  • screenshot_20230107_105300.png
    screenshot_20230107_105300.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 26
  • screenshot_20230107_105334.png
    screenshot_20230107_105334.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 25
@fln
No, within a 5 minutes we could release any software upgrade to any release channel (without updating DA, just apache, php, etc..). This is what the hot-fix updates system are for. We could be releasing 3rd party software upgrades at the same rate old CB upgrade used to do (actually faster, since old CB would upgrade once a day, while DA can apply-hot fix much faster). However we opt not to release it because there were no critical updates.

I wouldn't mind to switch to update_channel=stable for some of our hosts, as long as we can be sure that the stable release still gets critical bug and security updates for all custombuild software.

However, there may be situations where I need to pin specific releases in custom_versions.txt - in some edge cases even EOL releases. I'm not sure if that still works when combining both DA and CB releases.

We were planning to bump stable to 1.645 on Monday. I agree that it would have been better to bump current and stable at the same time (like we did in 1.645). This time we decided to have a small offset between the releases, for next releases will most likely do the bump at the same time.

Great! I was already wondering why stable was on 1.644. Thanks for the clarification.

I would not recommend turning OFF auto-updates. If you are not doing manual upgrade, most of the time you will receive the update automatically with the fixes at some later point in time, and there will be no need to manually upgrade.

I have turned off auto-updates everywhere and like to keep it that way. Manual updates are executed daily during office hours (local timezone) on scheduled times for every host.

CloudLinux CageFS User Manager error :​

Code:
Deprecated: strstr(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($haystack) of type string is deprecated in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/cagefs/admin/commands.php on line 32 Warning: Undefined array key "action" in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/cagefs/admin/index.html on line 54 Warning: Undefined array key "action" in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/cagefs/admin/index.html on line 63

For this error, it has nothing to do with DA, I had the same problem on a new installation (Da 1.645) and here is the answer from CloudLinux :
Actually, it is not an error, as you can see from the message "CageFS user interface is now part of CloudLinux LVE Manager. The plugin version will soon be deprecated." the CageFS plugin is an unnecessary GUI component that will be deprecated. The main work CageFS does in CLI. You can remove the plugin if you wish.

Our servers have been having issues since the control panel update, is anyone on the forum using Cloudlinux with the control panel?

More than 40 of our servers have been down since last 24 hours
But other servers that don't have CloudLinux are active without problems after updating the control panel
In your opinion, it is normal to have such problems after updating Direct Admin

..........................................................................................

@DirectAdmin Support @smtalk

Please let us know if there are any changes in the binary structure or file system of the new version so that we can contact CloudLinux and resolve the issue faster.

Our servers have been having issues since the control panel update, is anyone on the forum using Cloudlinux with the control panel?

More than 40 of our servers have been down since last 24 hours
But other servers that don't have CloudLinux are active without problems after updating the control panel
In your opinion, it is normal to have such problems after updating Direct Admin

..........................................................................................

@DirectAdmin Support @smtalk

Please let us know if there are any changes in the binary structure or file system of the new version so that we can contact CloudLinux and resolve the issue faster.
Why don’t you create DirectAdmin support ticket with access details?

This is all very well - you tell us to open a ticket, but what if any of our licences don't come with support? Can we still get support, whether it's a bug or not?

NB. I understand you must be indicated with tickets from people without support - however, what is it? Obtain support only if you have extended support, or can we open tickets willy-nilly? If so, It's a kick in the teeth when people pay $199.

Note: I'm just after clarification.

CB plugin in DA doens't show notices like below when a user clicks on "update" or "update all", only visible trough SSH.

1673094372760.png

Thanks everyone for the feedback. A new update is pushed out (build ID 789cd6ccfb92fdb3f106960667d4142f10cfb08a) with the follwing changes:
  • Systems using CloudLinux MariaDB server (not the one from CB) in the system info page will now see correct DB service status, thanks @djcart.
  • Fixed Evolution, refreshed layout mobile version menu issue, thanks @exlhost,
  • Fixed Evolution, plugin entries duplication issue, it could have been caused by clearing the menu customizations and immediately saving them again, thanks @djcart,
  • Bumped 3rd party software versions - PHP, modsecurity, snuffleupagus, imagemagick.

System uptime in the new UI is wrong.

Mainpage : shows correct uptime
/admin/system-info : wrong

Please let me know any information or command output I should send you

After downgrading to the stable version, the problem is fixed, but there is a problem with the current latest version

This is all very well - you tell us to open a ticket, but what if any of our licences don't come with support? Can we still get support, whether it's a bug or not?

NB. I understand you must be indicated with tickets from people without support - however, what is it? Obtain support only if you have extended support, or can we open tickets willy-nilly? If so, It's a kick in the teeth when people pay $199.

Note: I'm just after clarification.

To be honest I would have said the same if someone mentioned running 40 servers. But you're right Peter, it could be a situation of 40 legacy or personal licenses with no support. More clear would of been "if your license has support" :)

For further clarity, we don't have a policy of "all tickets accepted if its a bug" because most of the time the problem is not a bug.

We're known to fix/patch things very quickly but improvements on bug reporting methods are welcome (perhaps a separate thread).

@exlhost, thanks for letting us know about the uptime issue - months and years were not being shown. An update 96f94667bc806699bdc7ce0a5e9a52beb847d672 is released to address that.

when we receive a hotfix notification, the update is done or we have to manage it ourselves.

Back