DirectAdmin v1.646 has been released

Wouldn't that cause that php updates etc. also will be later on?
I would think not.
The stable commit strings for version 1.645 did not match the last commit string on current for version 1.645.
So my guess is that DirectAdmin changed the software versions inside versions.txt to the latest version.

Good day everyone, we released an Evolution fix (build 744951d6db1c3d5b7c4dc91365beeda461a6db9e) to auto-fill DB credentials when creating new WordPress instance. Thanks @MisterM.
Hum, after checking, the bug is still there ....

The stable commit strings for version 1.645 did not match the last commit string on current for version 1.645.
? did not expect anyone would notice. (y) @realcryptonight.

The change between 1.645 that was in current and 1.645 that is in stable now is the fix to the installer (setup.sh) ignoring DA_INTERACTIVE_CUSTOMBUILD=yes. The issue that was brought up by @Zhenyapan:
[/ICODE]export DA_INTERACTIVE_CUSTOMBUILD=yes
without exporting to use stable channel - it didn't work anymore, it autoinstalled, why it didn't use just current channel by default as earlier and give me choices what to install?

No changes in the main DirectAdmin binary, Evolution or CustomBuild versions. So for existing installation in stable upgrading to 1.645 this change is no-op.

@MisterM, maybe we are referring to different issues, we will double check.

Stable is what current was before it was bumped to 1.646. It will have the same versions as current had. If there are any critical issues in the software we would release versions update, but we can not know in advance if that would happen.

Oke no it was just an idea to maybe change to stable, so we can keep updating php and apache etc. to newer versions when present, but wait with DA versions until they are declared stable.
We've not upgraded to 1.646 yet and I presume 1.645 is stable already.

Oke no it was just an idea to maybe change to stable, so we can keep updating php and apache etc. to newer versions when present, but wait with DA versions until they are declared stable.
We've not upgraded to 1.646 yet and I presume 1.645 is stable already.
It is ... 1.645

@matkra the patch for CVE-2022-3559 is a low severity one, it was released for Exim around summer 2022. It comes with some compatibility issues because Exim with the fix for this issue is a version between 4.96 (latest released Exim version) and 4.97 (work in progress not yet released).

If you want to use this exim version with stable DA you can change exim version from 4.96 to 4.96-58-g4e9ed49f8 in the CustomBuild custom versions section. But keep in mind once you set a custom version it will stay at this version until you remove version customization.
This is really the answer if you're unhappy. I'm a quality guy by profession and I cannot believe the number of bugs in these recent releases. I just check https://files.directadmin.com/services/custombuild/ to see what's new and plug the new versions in the custom version section to grab the updates.

We have noticed that a lot of problems actually comes form ioncube 12.05. When used in combination with opcache module it cause PHP 8.1 to sefgault when executed from CLI.

Ioncube version was bumped to ioncube 12.0.5 after the release (together with PHP 8.2.1) but we later reverted it back to 12.0.4 once we found the issues when combined with opcache:

One more update (build 9c346bb67f9608714c6bb447ea41b5e2bb9e37bf) with the following improvements:
  • Reverted PHP ioncube plugin from 12.0.5 back to 12.0.4, because when used together with opcache on PHP 8.1 it causes CLI PHP invocations to crash, which in turn breaks DA password strength check (PHP script in scripts dir).
Because using ioncube 12.0.5 causes PHP CLI calls to crash it causes a lot of not directly related issues, for example missing plugins from Enhanced skin, and I think @MisterM might hae problems with WordPress Managed because of that.

Please make sure to check if CustomBuild is not reporting new ioncube version 12.0.5 -> 12.0.4 and downgrade if it does.

Because using ioncube 12.0.5 causes PHP CLI calls to crash it causes a lot of not directly related issues, for example missing plugins from Enhanced skin, and I think @MisterM might hae problems with WordPress Managed because of that.
No, I would like to correct what @fln says, what the setting makes crash it is when one generates the accesses data base/users automatically that one does not know to create Internet site, and not when one creates a data base/user manually.

Quick update on the issue reported by @rahman051, we got access to the server, root cause was malformed CageFS configuration and had nothing to do with DA update. CageFS was unable to create cage skeleton because it required a system directory /etc/mail to be present on the system, but the dir was removed. Creating missing directory resolved the CageFS create issue and fixed all the problems. Anyone experiencing similar problems please report them directly to CloudLinux support.
Thanks for following up ...

After upgrading DA I can't change admin password.
Please help me fix this @fln , thanks.

Last edited:
Admin back-up - popup show this piece of code instead of the green encrypted lock @fln

Code:
<span class='green_lock'>&#128274;</span> ftps://**********/Thursday

An update is released (build 362a20028835f2e82320353c0902f58250ca08f8) with the following changes:
  • Update to proftpd config to make same config compatible with sftp module and without it
  • Fix for login page that prevents login when security questions are enabled but no questions are added
  • Fix for login-as user switch operation for users that use restrictive feature sets
  • Fixed redis integration for RHEL 7 systems
  • Fixed CloudLinux apache patches in CustomBuild

Anyone else having issues with the backup system. I am backing up to rsync.net,

I can edit the backup, but when I hit save to save the changes, an orange bar appears at the top going round and round.

I tried backing up to other locations and that fails.

It's weird as the existing backup seems to still run nightly.

Back