DirectAdmin v1.647 has been released

fln

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone!

We are happy to announce the release of DirectAdmin 1.647.

As usual release brings some new features combined with improvements of existing features and bug fixes. Key new features are - ability to easily set up email accounts on iOS (and other Apple devices) by downloading email configuration (PRO PACK only). Upgraded Evolution menu customizations page. Improved DirectAdmin licensing tolerance to network outages. New default path for subdomain document roots (directory for website data). Improvements for cPanel import tool.

Full release change log can be found here:

DirectAdmin 1.647

The update should be automatically available for all installations subscribed to the current release channel.

We appreciate all the feedback on forums and issues reported in the ticketing system.

Thanks

I just installed the latest update and now the Custombuild 2.0 is gone??

**Edit**
Re install Custombuild 2.0 plugin seems to work after change Php2_release to mod_php-fpm.
Even if php2_release was not in use,(Set to NO) it was set tot mod_suphp.
Suphp and mod_php are gone in DA 1.647 so the settings were not correct.

So before update, set PHP_Mod to php_fpm, fastcgi or Isphp for all PhpX_release settings, even if phpX_release=NO

**/edit **

Last edited:
Nothing will make me use Evolution skin (which I still find awful and unusable, sorry). So bye Custombuild plugin and integration, I'll upgrade by command line. Why this restriction to one skin?

Last edited:
I just installed the latest update and now the Custombuild 2.0 is gone??

**Edit**
Re install Custombuild 2.0 plugin seems to work after change Php2_release to mod_php-fpm.
Even if php2_release was not in use,(Set to NO) it was set tot mod_suphp.
Suphp and mod_php are gone in DA 1.647 so the settings were not correct.

So before update, set PHP_Mod to php_fpm, fastcgi or Isphp for all PhpX_release settings, even if phpX_release=NO

**/edit **

Didn't work for me: Custombuild 2.0 plugin is gone despite of me running mod_php-fpm (for a year or two already).

Different icon heights don't look very good. How can we fix it?

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2023-02-22 055146.jpg
    Zrzut ekranu 2023-02-22 055146.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 16
"With this release running PHP in mod_php, suphp or mod_ruid2 mores are no longer supported.
If one of the deprecated mores are enabled CustomBuild will refuse to perform any software reconfiguration action."

Can you explain more detailed - this options block any custombuild actions, or just php-related?
What exactly I will not be able to do? I can't update php/apache/nginx or I can't update another software too - like exim/mysql/proftpd?

Reseller menu missing after update..., a reset of the Evolution theme doesn't fix it.

Schermafbeelding 2023-02-22 om 09.38.42.png

@Zhenyapan, if you are using mod_php, suphp or mod_ruid2 CustomBuild will not work. Some simple actions like listing config, or listing versions would work, but any install/update command will not. Following your example CustomBuild will refuse to update exim/mysql/proftpd. Most importantly rewrite_confs will not work.

Code:
# ./build exim
PHP mode 'suphp' is not supported, please set php1_release=php-fpm|fastcgi|lsphp in CustomBuild 'options.conf'.
# ./build rewrite_confs
PHP mode 'suphp' is not supported, please set php1_release=php-fpm|fastcgi|lsphp in CustomBuild 'options.conf'.

It might seem not directly related to apache/PHP but under the hood they are. For example exim needs specific configuration when mod_php is being used.

Nothing will make me use Evolution skin (which I still find awful and unusable, sorry). So bye Custombuild plugin and integration, I'll upgrade by command line. Why this restriction to one skin?
Same to me. I switched to Evolution skin for a part of customers, and most of them requested to come back to Enhanced skin. It's simple and just works. But the developer at DA doesn't think so, I guess. I reported several things with Enhanced skin before, but DA just stops caring about it.

Evolution skin might look nice but after using enchanced for many many years I just can't get used to how evolution works. If that means I can't use the plugin anymore, meh. I mean, I'd rather use it, but if I can't, I'll pass.

Same to me. I switched to Evolution skin for a part of customers, and most of them requested to come back to Enhanced skin. It's simple and just works. But the developer at DA doesn't think so, I guess. I reported several things with Enhanced skin before, but DA just stops caring about it.
Too bad... The Enhanced skin is simple and has a more organised look. Way better if you ask me.

Question: If you set all PHPX_releases to php_fpm, use Enhanced skin, and then you install the Cusombuild 2.0 plugin from the command line again, wil it fully work or is the plugin realy kain of dead?
The plugin will install itself again, but is it still working properly?

+1 for at least keeping the Enhanced Skin maintained. Evolution may look prettier to end users but for administration Enhanced is just way quicker and more intuitive. In Evolution I just use the search bar for everything because it's hard to keep track of where everything is.

If you set all PHPX_releases to php_fpm, use Enhanced skin, and then you install the Cusombuild 2.0 plugin from the command line again, wil it fully work or is the plugin realy kain of dead?
Deprecation of old PHP modes are not related to the CB plugin in Enhanced. If you switch to new PHP mode you will be able to use CB from CLI or from Evolution UI.

The CB plugin from Enhanced was removed because interface between CB and DA have changed in a non-compatible way. You can install plugin again but it will not work correctly.
+1 for at least keeping the Enhanced Skin maintained.
We strive to maintain as much backwards compatibility with Enhanced as possible. However CustomBuild native integration uses advanced API. For example it provides a live CB status update stream, where any CB command executed from CLI would be immediately visible for all admins that are currently browsing the Evo in the notification area. Such functionality is not possible to implement in Enhanced.

We try to keep all the existing functionality in Enhanced (CB plugin removal is kind of exception, but driven by underlying technical reasons). We will not be introducing new features in Enhanced and native CB API is a new feature. Our goal is to make Evolution customisable to the point when you would not need to have other skins. So any feedback on Evolution is really welcome.

With the update, the document root location for sub-domains has changed. I have tried to undo this change, by creating custom templates:
custom/virtual_host2_sub.conf
custom/virtual_host2_secure_sub.conf

The docroot setting seems to be overrule by some other setting in DirectAdmin, instead of setting the docroot to 'Default' a file <DOMAIN>.subdomains.docroot.override is being created.

Is there anyway to overrule this, so we can set a custom docroot for new subdomains?

Back