DirectAdmin v1.650 has been released

System packages to 1 upgradable packages update is available.
We should be able to turn these off...... Besides, it doesn't make sense: packages ?? to 1 upgradable packages

noticed cant autologin via whmcs to directadmin anymore after updating it on two servers now. First we had complaints from customers this morning on one server. Then I couldnt figure it out so I decided to upgrade another server from 1.649 to 1.650 and tested it to see if it was infact the DA upgrade and yip it started failing too. So I can certainly say this update caused an issue on whmcs auto connect. Can someone using whmcs also confirm pls?

For "upgradable packages" message, I actually find it quite useful. CB uses "yum --quiet check-update" command. On my testing server, with AlmaLinux 9.2, it reminds me that the box has been running on an old kernel. The new kernel has security update. After rebooting to the newest kernel, no more upgradable packages message.

An update is released with two small improvements:
  • after patching CSF, firewall rules will be recreated if CSF is actually being used on the system and IPv6 is enabled
  • reporting system upgrades available in CB will exclude potential obsolete package changes (when some package needs to be removed and replaced by multiple packages).
The real purpose of CB reporting system package updates is mainly to nudge server owners into keeping system up to date and investigate potential package upgrade conflicts. Not to try and take over OS upgrading task from admins :).

@sahostking, WHMCS integration on our test servers works fine. Maybe you are using some 3rd party WHMCS plugins/apps?

An update is released with two small improvements:
  • after patching CSF, firewall rules will be recreated if CSF is actually being used on the system and IPv6 is enabled
  • reporting system upgrades available in CB will exclude potential obsolete package changes (when some package needs to be removed and replaced by multiple packages).
The real purpose of CB reporting system package updates is mainly to nudge server owners into keeping system up to date and investigate potential package upgrade conflicts. Not to try and take over OS upgrading task from admins :).

@sahostking, WHMCS integration on our test servers works fine. Maybe you are using some 3rd party WHMCS plugins/apps?
Thanks for your comment though its just strange.

I have many servers on 1.649 still and they work fine. I tested it again now on one of our servers that were on 1.649 and aut login works fine with no issues at all. I decided then to upgrade to 1.650 hoping I was wrong and this is where it breaks and no matter what I try cannot autologin anymore through whmcs on Directadmin Extended (Modulesgarden) or the WHMCS directadmin one either. Tried both.

So I created a ticket and hopefully someoen can assist and point me to the cause as it only suddenly started happening this morning and only on servers that have updated to 1.650. On our servers on 1.649 is using the same module and same whmcs and works fine.

@sahostking, an update is released to address this issue. Thanks for reporting it.

The root of the issue was WHMCS plugin using POST request when logging-in via auto login URLs. Same ones that can be generated from CLI via da login-url command. The auto login URLs were designed to work with GET requests (meaning URL is just pasted in the browser). However older DA versions used to accept POST requests as well. The fix we have released restores backwards compatibility and again allows POST requests to be used. This is a workaround the real fix should come from WHMCS module developers to start using GET requests for auto login-in URLs (not to be confused with normal login which must use POST method).

Starting from version 1.649 I have loose license on restart 3 time on one VM 2x 1 time on 2 others last time last night happens on 1.650

After server / vm restart it initally works but in some time about 30 minutes it loose license and says expired when you open login screen - which put me look bad to my customers

3 times i restore it with - i forgot to check if file is there as usualy it is too panic moment

echo 'license key here' > /usr/local/directadmin/conf/license.key

chmod 0600 /usr/local/directadmin/conf/license.key

systemctl restart directadmin

edit : Some more info only on the new code base - just restatrted 2 times legacy one with no issues

Last edited:
On Debian, the command is apt list --upgradable
What do you have then?
Code:
linux-image-amd64/oldstable 4.19+105+deb10u19 amd64 [upgradable from: 4.19+105+deb10u17]

Code:
The following packages have been kept back:  linux-image-amd64

Even so, we should be able to disable system apt/yum checks

@fln

Think I found a bug.. If you login as admin, then login as a user. click on 'installatron' or the associated app.

The option to quickly select between users at the top stops working.

The option to quickly select between users at the top stops working.
Can you specify why that is a bug? If you are logged in as user, you shouldn't be able to select between users as this is an admin function.
So I don't really understand why this would be a bug.

@Richard G i am logged in as ‘admin’ and use the toggle to login as a user Which gives you the option at the top to quickly select another user.

If I go into installatron, and back to the dashboard where you should at the top be able to select a different user it stops working.

It’s fine if you don’t use anything installatron related.

Ah oke, we left installatron for softaculous long ago, but we don't use Evo either so we don't use that function. However I now understand exactly which part you're talking about. That might be a bug indeed. Thanks for explaining.

Screen Shot 2023-06-12 at 01.18.48.png
i got this modal after update and can't close it, seem like all buttons are not working (console show error when i tried to click ant button)
Tried to restart page, restart directadmin and it still here.
Are there any suggestions for me?

Ah oke, we left installatron for softaculous long ago, but we don't use Evo either so we don't use that function. However I now understand exactly which part you're talking about. That might be a bug indeed. Thanks for explaining.
No worries.
I have always used softlacous,

But installatron shows us all Wordpress installs and any updates required in admin and let’s us login to that Wordpress site without the need to login as that user first.

Back