DirectAdmin v1.653 has been released

fln

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone!

We are happy to announce the release of DirectAdmin 1.653.

One of the highlights of this release is CustomBuild support for MariaDB 10.11. This release contains almost no changes related to Evolution skin because we are still busy with major UI framework upgrade vue2 to vue3, however there a number of other fixes and improvements that we are happy to release.

Full release change log can be found here:

DirectAdmin 1.653

The update should be automatically available for all installations subscribed to the current release channel.

We appreciate all the feedback on forums and issues reported in the ticketing system.

Thanks!

PHP 8.1.23 fails to build due to some issues with LSAPI. All goes well until :

/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-8.1.23/sapi/litespeed/lsapilib.c: In function ‘LSAPI_Log’:
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-8.1.23/sapi/litespeed/lsapilib.c:272:63: warning: the address of ‘s_log_prefix’ will always evaluate as ‘true’ [-Waddress]
p += snprintf(p, 100, "%s[UID:%d][%d] ", s_log_prefix ? s_log_prefix : "lsphp", getuid(), s_pid);

Then a long list of issues related to lsapi and ends with

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-8.1.23/sapi/litespeed/lsapilib.c: In function ‘LSAPI_ParseSockAddr.part.14’:
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-8.1.23/sapi/litespeed/lsapilib.c:2647:9: warning: ‘strncpy’ output may be truncated copying 108 bytes from a string of length 255 [-Wstringop-truncation]
strncpy( ((struct sockaddr_un *)pAddr)->sun_path, p,
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sizeof(((struct sockaddr_un *)pAddr)->sun_path) );
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*** The make has failed. Exiting...

Thanks for report @iworx, could you please clarify are you using CloudLinux what is your Linux distribution and which webserver do you use?

Edit: it would be great if you could create a ticket so we could follow it up on the ticketing system. Our automated tests show that PHP compilation should work fine so we might need to ask for access to your server to investigate this further.

Last edited:
MariaDB 10.11 will not be supported for legacy DA products.

This is unfortunate to hear, because running a database is a primary service for all web servers... and now it can never be updated?

How can Legacy DA license holders install/use MariaDB 10.11?

Is this question going to be asked every time a new version of MariaDB is released?

I'm scared to think about Nginx and PHP now ?

@iworx an update to CustomBuild is released to fix PHP compilation on CloudLinux systems. Thanks!

This is unfortunate to hear, because running a database is a primary service for all web servers... and now it can never be updated?

How can Legacy DA license holders install/use MariaDB 10.11?

Is this question going to be asked every time a new version of MariaDB is released?

I'm scared to think about Nginx and PHP now ?
Code:
# ./build versions |grep -i directadmin
Latest version of DirectAdmin: 1.653 build b9c59274f33aaa5c63dd628cc7b98252e754ea61
Installed version of DirectAdmin: 1.653 build b9c59274f33aaa5c63dd628cc7b98252e754ea61
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild# nano options.conf
./build mariadb
Incorrect 'mariadb' value (used to specify MariaDB release) set in the options.conf file. Set: 10.11. Available values: 10.3 10.4 10.5 10.6.

@fln @smtalk Are you serious about this? Will MariaDB 10.11 never be supported for lifetime license holders? What's the reason behind this, just to bully lifetime license holders? Will our only option be to remove the Custombuild version and install the OS package version? Will future PHP etc. releases follow suit?
Edit: I see this is being discussed here: https://forum.directadmin.com/threads/directadmin-v1-653-rc.69112/ Still, could you at least provide a roadmap on when various services won't be supported anymore for Lifetime License holders?

Last edited:
They will not respond to this in public. But this is most likely the way to screw everyone with a lifetime license, :) It feels the same way Intel makes their customers buy a new motherboard with a new socket every time a new processor is released.

They will not respond to this in public. But this is most likely the way to screw everyone with a lifetime license, :) It feels the same way Intel makes their customers buy a new motherboard with a new socket every time a new processor is released.
I understand wanting to get rid of Lifetime Licenses from a company perspective. I do not understand why this has to be done so sneakily. Just give us a -de facto- Lifetime License EOL date and inform us of any planned limitations along the way, so we can plan accordingly.

@fln

When adding new user via a reseller the password generator is not working, and we cannot even add new users the password field is not working

2023-09-20_11-46-22.jpg

Last edited:
@exlhost I am unable to confirm this issue (password generator or user create issues). Please open the support ticket, it could be something related to your server.

@exlhost, root cauase for your issues is customized opcache configuration in /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/opcache/opcache.ini. Latest ioncube version crashes if opcache enabled for CLI applications. We have updated default opcache.ini config to work with latest ioncube. More details:

For anyone else who has customized opcache config in /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/opcache/opcache.ini, please use defaults by removing the customizations or at least remove the opcache.enable_cli=1 line, if you are using ioncube.

or at least remove the opcache.enable_cli=1 line, if you are using ioncube.
I'm using a per php-fpm version of opcache, so a /usr/local/phpXX/lib/php.conf.d/99-custom.ini file.
So thank you for mentioning this solution in case somebody uses the same method.

I think there is a bug, but I’m not ? sure.

Basically as admin if you go to ‘DNS Administration’, you can make changes to the first zone you choose which is fine . Then to save time going back to the dashboard. Hit ‘DNS Administration’ at the top to show the list again, try to edit another zone and it errors with ‘this is not your domain’

@fln @DirectAdmin Sales @smtalk

Back