DirectAdmin v1.655 has been released

I could use some guidance here.
  • Auto update did the update to DirectAdmin 1.656
  • I wanted to update Exim but noticed the issue with libiconv
  • Followed the instructions from the DA changelog and removed old libraries and did
    Code:
    da build all
  • Building of PHP 8 and PHP8.1 failed with error
    Code:
    configure: error: Please reinstall the iconv library
  • Restored libiconv with
    Code:
    da build restore_old_local libiconv
  • Rebuilt PHP8 and PHP8.1 which worked
Although my system is now fully operational again having to restore libiconv to /usr/local doesnt sound like a futureproof solution. How to proceed?

I have this issue with installing PHP 8.1. Now I have 7.4 but to move my WP sites elsewhere I want them first to use 8.1 to prevent errors when moving the WP sites to a host with 8.1.
I did what is in the manual, remove and backup the old /usr/local files.
Tried to build all after the removal of all /usr/local but then my VPS crashes when compiling PHP 8.1

I could get it online back again but only PHP7.4, installing PHP8.1 just won't compile.

The compile error with latest Exim did disappear after removing old files, but PHP 8.1 just stopped and VPS just crashed, I guess halfway compiling.

After removing /usrlocal/ lib files, is there a way to compile those files again first without comiling anything else, and if succesfull,, compile the rest?
May be even in a specific order to prevent errors?

Grtz Erik

Check if you don't have custom configure files in /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/php/* that reference libraries in /usr/local.

Most recent DirectAdmin version updated the PHP compile script to not use any libraries in /usr/local.

I have this issue with installing PHP 8.1. Now I have 7.4 but to move my WP sites elsewhere I want them first to use 8.1 to prevent errors when moving the WP sites to a host with 8.1.
I did what is in the manual, remove and backup the old /usr/local files.
Tried to build all after the removal of all /usr/local but then my VPS crashes when compiling PHP 8.1

I could get it online back again but only PHP7.4, installing PHP8.1 just won't compile.

The compile error with latest Exim did disappear after removing old files, but PHP 8.1 just stopped and VPS just crashed, I guess halfway compiling.

After removing /usrlocal/ lib files, is there a way to compile those files again first without comiling anything else, and if succesfull,, compile the rest?
May be even in a specific order to prevent errors?

Grtz Erik

Update:
After updating to 1.657 AND make a swapfile 4GB, I installed PHP8.1 with no issues.
Seems I ran out of memory so VPS did just quit. With Swapfile problem solved :)

Grt Erik

Back