DirectAdmin v1.656

After this update Rspamd didn't start anymore as there is a known bug: https://github.com/rspamd/rspamd/issues/4703

Workaround (change it for your server version..):

Code:
yum downgrade https://rspamd.com/rpm-stable/centos-8/x86_64/rspamd-3.7.3-1.el8.x86_64.rpm
da build exim
da build exim_conf
I had the same problem after updating to 656 on my dev servers (CL8), but before that i updated to rspamd 3.7.4, the systems ran for a few hours before i updated DA, rspamd crashed and did not start again after the redis update. we keep the productive systems at 655

An account has multiple domains. In Domain Pointers, if changing a domain from the top right corner, the list of domain pointers are not refreshed, still showing the domain pointers of the old domain. I need to refresh the window for seeing updated domain pointers.

An account has multiple domains and skin features sets are Core and DNS-only. Go to user level, DNS management. Change domain on the top right corner, there is an error appearing:

You cannot execute that command​

The request you've made cannot be executed because it does not exist in your authority level

Attachments

• Skjermbilde 2023-11-24 kl. 10.34.23.png
    Skjermbilde 2023-11-24 kl. 10.34.23.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Skjermbilde 2023-11-24 kl. 10.35.18.png
    Skjermbilde 2023-11-24 kl. 10.35.18.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 9
Hi everyone !

I've completed the following steps:
  1. Installed PHP 8.1 via a custom build in DirectAdmin panel.
  2. Changed the PHP version to 8.1 for all domains and subdomains.
  3. Verified the PHP version through the Wappalyzer Chrome extension or by checking the phpinfo file, which correctly displays version 8.1.
Problem is : When using the 'php -v' command via SSH in the terminal on the server (in either the root or domains folder), it displays PHP 7.4 (CLI). As a result, our new subdomain and project (admin) are based on PHP versions higher than 8.0, causing issues when trying to execute commands like 'composer install' or any other PHP-related commands.

Another issue is:

To fully build PHP 8.1 without warnings, it requires Ziplib 11. However, in CentOS 7, you can only install version 10 directly from CentOS repositories.

DirectAdmin: v1.656
Apache2
Server distribution: CentOS 7

I appreciate any assistance from those who can provide guidance.

Is there any chance that you are configuring php1 with version 7.4, and php2 with version 8.1 in CB?

Can you enlighten me on some things?
Installed PHP 8.1 via a custom build in DirectAdmin panel.
I would use SSH anyway, but exactly where did you install it? If it's not the first php option, then this would explain part of your problem, as the php -v command in console uses the php version used by DA which is always the first php version in options.conf of custombuild.

To fully build PHP 8.1 without warnings, it requires Ziplib 11. However, in CentOS 7, you can only install version 10 directly from CentOS repositories.
Which errors do you encounter? As we still have a Centos 7 server running with php 8.1 and I'm not aware of any issues. Is there a way I can reproduce your error or find out which version zlib I'm using then?

I would use SSH anyway, but exactly where did you install it? If it's not the first php option, then this would explain part of your problem, as the php -v command in console uses the php version used by DA which is always the first php version in options.conf of custombuild.
it was on php1 in custom build in panel and in options.conf both .
Which errors do you encounter? As we still have a Centos 7 server running with php 8.1 and I'm not aware of any issues. Is there a way I can reproduce your error or find out which version zlib I'm using then?
When I try to build php (any version) in custom build, I get this error:
checking for zip archive read/write support... yes
checking for libzip >= 0.11 libzip != 1.3.1 libzip != 1.7.0... no
configure: error: Package requirements (libzip >= 0.11 libzip != 1.3.1 libzip != 1.7.0) were not met:

Requested 'libzip >= 0.11' but version of libzip is 0.10.1

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables LIBZIP_CFLAGS
and LIBZIP_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details.

You guy use old OS ( Centos 7 or below ), I suggest restore ( Manual Compiler ) "libzip" into "/usr/local/", for temporary fixed.

You guy use old OS ( Centos 7 or below ), I suggest restore ( Manual Compiler ) "libzip" into "/usr/local/", for temporary fixed.
Yes, I need a temporary solution for now. We have to upgrade the OS version, but I'm unsure about what steps to take. How can I restore libzip?

@w3ndigo

Code:
da build restore_old_local libzip
ldconfig

#note: "ldconfig" will force to re-cache load system library. It not print any result.

@w3ndigo

Code:
da build restore_old_local libzip
ldconfig

#note: "ldconfig" will force to re-cache load system library. It not print any result.
"Thank you, but the problem persists. And after that i tried the following code:

Code:
 ./build clean

there was no difference. Interestingly, when I use the command:

Code:
service php-fpm81 status
I receive the following output:
Code:
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl status php-fpm81.service
● php-fpm81.service - The PHP FastCGI Process Manager
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/php-fpm81.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: active (running) since Sat 2023-12-09 11:21:43 UTC; 28min ago
  Process: 21133 ExecReload=/bin/kill -USR2 $MAINPID (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 9932 (php-fpm81)
   Status: "Processes active: 0, idle: 0, Requests: 18, slow: 0, Traffic: 0req/sec"
   CGroup: /system.slice/php-fpm81.service
           └─9932 php-fpm: master process (/usr/local/php81/etc/php-fpm.conf)
but php -v still give PHP 7.4.33 (cli)

Last edited:
and sorry you can use
Code:
rpm -q libzip
to findout libzip version

@w3ndigo
It sadly, I don't have centos 7 Box, If "da build php n" still report libzip 0.10.
I suggest create support ticket to let DA Team restore for you.

Requested 'libzip >= 0.11' but version of libzip is 0.10.1
That's interesting. With the command you gave me, I checked for you on my Centos 7 server and this is the output:
Code:
rpm -q libzip
libzip-0.11.2-6.el7.psychotic.x86_64
But... seems it's not Centos base.
Code:
yum whatprovides libzip
libzip-0.10.1-8.el7.i686 : C library for reading, creating, and modifying zip archives
Repo        : base

libzip-0.10.1-8.el7.x86_64 : C library for reading, creating, and modifying zip archives
Repo        : base

libzip-0.11.2-6.el7.psychotic.x86_64 : C library for reading, creating, and modifying zip archives
Repo        : installed
Unfortunately I don't know what updated it, I checked the installed packages from the epel.repo but that had no libzip installed.

Interestingly, when I use the command:
That's indeed very interesting, because if the build stops because of missing libzip, then it should not be running.

Did you try rebooting the server and see what is running then?

That's interesting. With the command you gave me, I checked for you on my Centos 7 server and this is the output:
But... seems it's not Centos base.
Unfortunately I don't know what updated it, I checked the installed packages from the epel.repo but that had no libzip installed.
Yes, I searched for 'epel.repo' as well. I think I need to upgrade CentOS to 8 or attempt to install or restore 'libzip 0.11'.That's indeed very interesting, because if the build stops because of missing libzip, then it should not be running.
Did you try rebooting the server and see what is running then?
I've tried all of these, from rebooting the server to restarting Apache, but unfortunately, none have worked."

@w3ndigo
If you working with VPS and have snapshot backup. I suggest trying Almalinux.

"Alamalinux 8" already have elevate system from centos7. It probably have downtime around 1HR, include "da build all" after elevate successfully.

If there have any issues, you can use snapshot to reverse back.

Back