DirectAdmin v1.662

fln

Administrator
Staff member
We are happy to announce the release of DirectAdmin 1.662.

This release adds more improvements to the new database management interface. It is possible to see and control how many database user host patterns are allowed. All legacy API endpoints are now using new DB management engine bringing significant performance improvements for DB management actions.

Full release change log can be found here:

DirectAdmin 1.662

The update should be automatically available for all installations subscribed to the current release channel.

We appreciate all the feedback on forums and issues reported in the ticketing system.

Thanks!

Hi,
I have something like that after update in messages:

This is an automated message notifying you that DirectAdmin has been successfully updated with warnings.
v1.661 (af58c9c) to v1.662 (cde5a6c)

Warning message:
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/update.sh:
setting directadmin file permissions: dafs: touch 644 as 0:0: open /usr/local/directdmin/conf/carootcert.pem: no such file or directory

Thanks for reporting @ShinJii, this warning is harmless and can be ignored. We will check the updater to make sure it is not being shown.

Is there a timeline for accommodating the new ModSecurity framework into DA?

@BillyS we would like to have it in the next release (DA 1.663) but we will see how it goes.

Login input for username + password on mobile is way out of range @fln

Attachments

• IMG_2163.jpeg
    IMG_2163.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: fln
Thanks @exlhost and @ShinJii, and update is released with the following changes:
  • fixed horizontal scroll in Evolution login page on mobile
  • removed stray warning for missing TLS cert chain file
  • fixed Enhanced skin Two-Factor authentication QR code generator

After the new update, usage, logs, and statistics don't appear in the user account.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-17 085424.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-17 085424.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot 2024-04-17 085620.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-17 085620.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 9
While experimenting with the improved Login Keys functionality, I was able to remove some additional endpoints, so that's great!
I did notice an issue on the log page, where IPv6 addresses are incorrectly split:
1713366972641.png

Being able to create forwarders seems to be broken with 1.662

The "Create" button will not light up once the e-mail address passes validation.

Happens in both Firefox and Safari as well as on CentOS 7, CentOS 8, and CL9 servers so it's unlikely a browser/server issue.

Attachments

• brokenforwarders.png
    brokenforwarders.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 14
Just to be sure:
For example if server has host name server.example.net only the server part will be set set as server host name.
I presume that DA will not make that change in /etc/hostname file either, right?

@Bastille I noticed the same issue. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a planned change, but it does work if you press Add to confirm your input before you press Create. A bit more work, but not blocking that way. Hopefully they fix this.

@Bastille I noticed the same issue. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a planned change, but it does work if you press Add to confirm your input before you press Create. A bit more work, but not blocking that way. Hopefully they fix this.
Came here to report the forwarding issue.
Yes, clicking the add works, but it is very confusing to have to press that Add button at the top, if you're not going to add another forwarder.

Evo skin, Refreshed layout, login to End-user level from admin. From dashboard, click to Logout button, I will be back to admin. However, in File Manager, click to Logout button, I will be logged out from admin too. Is this a bug?

Back