DirectAdmin v1.667

fln

Administrator
Staff member
We are happy to announce the release of DirectAdmin 1.667.

This release brings server TLS certificate configuration in UI, support for more alternative PHP versions, more PHP extensions, and various smaller improvements.

A full release change log is here:

DirectAdmin 1.667

The update should be automatically available for all installations subscribed to the current release channel.

We appreciate all the feedback on forums and issues reported in the ticketing system.

Thanks!

Get this error after update

configuring additional modules
adding module in ../modsecurity-nginx-v1.0.3
./configure: error: no ../modsecurity-nginx-v1.0.3/config was found
doNginx: failed to compile '/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/cache/nginx-1.27.1.tar.gz' inside '/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/tmp/tmp.xQwfrxOiLK.nginx-1.27.1.tar.gz'
failed to build nginx

Recompiled Modsecurity / disable modsecuriry /
get the following error with CLI da on the commandline

da build set modsecurity yes
Failed to connect to bus: Connection refused
modsecurity is already set to yes

The failed to connect to bus error.

Try to disable modsecurity and after successful build enable it again
Code:
da build set modsecurity no

@HageHosting, please open a support ticket if toggling modsecurity on and off does not fix the issue. Thanks.

@HageHosting

My 5 server have upgrading without issued.

try
Code:
da build clean all
da build nginx

but create support ticket will help DA Team dig deep issued and prevent this in the future.

checking for ioctl(FIONREAD) ... found
checking for struct tm.tm_gmtoff ... found
checking for struct dirent.d_namlen ... not found
checking for struct dirent.d_type ... found
checking for sysconf(_SC_NPROCESSORS_ONLN) ... found
checking for sysconf(_SC_LEVEL1_DCACHE_LINESIZE) ... found
checking for openat(), fstatat() ... found
checking for getaddrinfo() ... found
configuring additional modules
adding module in ../ngx_cache_purge
./configure: error: no ../ngx_cache_purge/config was found
doNginx: failed to compile '/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/cache/nginx-1.27.1.tar.gz' inside '/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/tmp/tmp.87SFmk54sX.nginx-1.27.1.tar.gz'
failed to build nginx

@Dauser2007 and @HageHosting could it be that you have customized nginx configure script? The script was updated in DA 1.667 the official version in custombuild/configure/nginx/configure.nginx adds additional modules with --add-module=static_modules/ngx_cache_purge. Adding module with --add-module=../ngx_cache_purge was used in older DA.

Based on the error message it seems that configure script still uses old location.

Changes to the configure script is made to make sure nginx is being built in temporary directory and does leave temporary files dangling in the custombuild workdir. This also ensures nginx builds are now much more deterministic. It is not longer possible for previous failed build to affect new builds.

Local custom configure script can be removed with rm /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/nginx/configure.nginx.

Last edited:
After updating to the new version, when changing the user's password, the DirectAdmin account works normally, but the FTP account cannot log in. Has anyone experienced this?

@ViT
start from this version, you must manual change ftp and database of main account.
I did not see any mention of this issue in the changelog. Additionally, I manually changed the password, received a completion notification, but the situation remains where the DirectAdmin account works normally, while the FTP account cannot log in.
I have tested this on two servers.

Attachments

• change password.JPG
    change password.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 7
@ViT, thanks for reporting the issue. This problem only affects pureftpd (not proftpd). We will release a hot-fix for the problem today to auto-fix it. A manual fix for the time being is running da taskq --run 'action=rewrite&value=pureftp_db' from CLI.

Reactions: ViT
A hot-fix update is released to make sure pureftpd passwords will stay in sync. It will refresh password DB on update to make sure no extra action is needed (just auto-receiving the hot-fix).

I am getting this when changing a useraccount password through DirectAdmin?

Error changing password
route ip+net: no such network interface

See also included screenshot. Is the above related to this?

Never had this before in any previous DirectAdmin versions, but I started to experience this with the latest available version: Version 1.667
Which was released two days ago?

Previous versions worked all fine and without any issue?

Attachments

• userpassword_change.jpg
    userpassword_change.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 12
Hello, when I try to change user password, I get error:

Error changing password

Click here to return to the main page

Details

route ip+net: no such network interface

@tommyB, @HHawk79, this can happen if directadmin.conf has ethernet_dev configuration entry with non existing network interface name. Older DA versions used to be fine with invalid ethernet_dev value, latest version is more strict and refuses to attempt changing password if this field is not valid.

Is it normal for da build versions sometimes to fail to give a new DA version? I was confused as to why it wasn't triggering. I had to do da update, and wollah...

The pessimist in me thought it could be another LLU thing.

When I log in to directadmin and navigate to user > terminal, nothing happens, you then refresh directadmin or press F5 to open the terminal. @fln

@tommyB, @HHawk79, this can happen if directadmin.conf has ethernet_dev configuration entry with non existing network interface name. Older DA versions used to be fine with invalid ethernet_dev value, latest version is more strict and refuses to attempt changing password if this field is not valid.
We use openvz for our vps servers and can't change any passwords anymore after the latest directadmin update. This is the parameter on all these virtual machines: ethernet_dev=venet0:0

How can this be fixed?

Regards

An update is release with the following improvements:
  • Prevent the no such network interface error, if invalid network interface is specified in ethernet_dev DA will fallback to using default server IP address.
  • Prevent the errors when domain config file has open_basedir field set to off (strict config parser used to expect OFF in upper-case).

@LawsHosting starting DA 1.666 CustomBuild will stop reporting DA updates.

@exlhost we were unable to reproduce the issue. Could you please open a support ticket so we could test it on your server?

@ViAdCk the real network interface name is venet0, the extra :0 suffix part was used by the legacy tool ifconfig to show multiple IP address. Removing the suffix would fix the interface lookup error. Modern tools from the iproute2 package (for example the ip a command) would show accurate interface names.

Back