DNS Failover strategy to have 100% uptime

Kyo

Verified User
I am running an accounting software on a server sometime due to technical issue if server goes down my client who have subscription from me wanted to kill me lol
that's why I always consider how I can have 100% uptime what I was considering like something like my content should be replicate on another server as well also MySQL (database) as well when server A get down immediately server B will entertain my customers so it will be no downtime

Please share your ideas

Thank You

If you just need a DNS (NameServer) failover then this is possible if you have two servers with MultiServer.

But if you need also a server failover then this is not possible out of the box with DirectAdmin. (DirectAdmin does not support server data cloning so that the data is the same on two different servers.)

don't host billing (money) on server with clients - use separate server/vps. If it's too expensive - you can install proxmox on it and create few VMs one with billing, one with monitoring tools, one for remote log server or for backups, one for hosting. All will be separated so if any of this will hacked - rest will keep OK. Choose datacentr that provides DDOS protection or hide website behind another ddos protection.
If you want - you can configure HA cluster (with VMs it easier), also if billing on separate VMs/datacentres you can try to use load-balancer + mysql replica master-master + common FS or rsync with inotify, or easiest way - cloud hosting like AWS etc.. depends on needed availability level and money you ready to spent.

I just want to host 2 vps right now like 1 on contabo 1 on hezner if hetzner down my softwae will keep active or if contabo still my software will keep working and my client will be happy

I think in that scenario need MySQL replica master + master if 1 master will down another will serve to client, is anybody can help me in that ?

I always consider how I can have 100% uptime what I was considering like something like my content should be replicate on another server as well also MySQL (database) as well when server A get down immediately server B will entertain my customers so it will be no downtime

It can be done, but you might need the following amount of servers:

- 2 reverse-proxy servers in different DC
- 2 web-servers with LAMP in different DC
- 1 mysql server in a middle in another DC

This is a minimal requirement for such a setup. Since DirectAdmin does not support anything of the kind, you will need to use much customization to make it work. Poralix has a successful experience in such setups.

As a alternative you might think of using ready clouds from specialized services.

Back