Domain Pointer with specific redirect

JoostVE

Hi,

I have the following problem. I have done my own research on this forum and on Google in general, but was unable to find a concrete answer.

DomainExample.com points to DomainMain.com by use of a Domain Pointer. Expectations of the client is that this domain acts like a pointer, it redirects both web and mail traffic. This is how it is setup right now, and works well. The client would like to extend this functionality and let DomainExample.com web traffic point to DomainMain.com/Example instead of the root. All other traffic (from other pointers and the DomainMain.com should still point to root).

Is this possible in DirectAdmin, by rewriting .htaccess, ...? It is probably possible by separating the domains altogether, and modifying a .htaccess per domain, but then my pointer functionality for mails does not work anymore.

Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can provide to me,

Short domain pointing to a sub folder of long domain

Hi,

I have the following problem. I have done my own research on this forum and on Google in general, but was unable to find a concrete answer.

DomainExample.com points to DomainMain.com by use of a Domain Pointer. Expectations of the client is that this domain acts like a pointer, it redirects both web and mail traffic. This is how it is setup right now, and works well. The client would like to extend this functionality and let DomainExample.com web traffic point to DomainMain.com/Example instead of the root. All other traffic (from other pointers and the DomainMain.com should still point to root).

Is this possible in DirectAdmin, by rewriting .htaccess, ...? It is probably possible by separating the domains altogether, and modifying a .htaccess per domain, but then my pointer functionality for mails does not work anymore.

Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can provide to me,

Hello, members,
I have the similar issue/question and looking for answer please.
Client has 2 domains: aReallyVeryLongDomain.com and 5char.us (examples - not using the real names).
url: aReallyVeryLongDomain.com/folder/subfolder/year/week/ is too long so would like to have 5char.us
to point to aReallyVeryLongDomain.com/folder which would then allow 5char.us to be used as a short url to the folder and subfolders.

Example of Long url is over 50 characters:
aReallyVeryLongDomain.com/folder/subfolder/year/week/
Example of short url is 20 characters or less:
5char.us/year/week/

I donot want 5char.com to display the root pages on aReallyVeryLongDomain.com but rather much shorted url:
5char.com/year/week/

I previously used cPanel but the 800% rate increase is too much.

Thank you fellow directadmin users.

Back