Double Charge for Yearly.

snxraven

Verified User
Hello Everyone,

I converted my license to a yearly license last month and was just charged again today.

I would like a refund but I am unable to open a billing ticket.

Please let me know how I may discuss this in a private setting with DirectAdmin.

Thanks,
SNXRaven

I have yet to see a reply from DirectAdmin in terms of E-Mail.

DirectAdmin's system incorrectly billed me and charged my account, this resulted in my bank account being over drawn.

This also results in a large fee from my bank that I am responsible for.

In my opinion, DirectAdmin's ticket system for direct contact to the team should be accessible to any paid customer regardless on the license held.

Billing issues like this should also be handled in a timely manner, I now will need to consider if I want to continue paying for this panel on a yearly basis or If I just want to move to a free alternative like Webmin.

If I just want to move to a free alternative like Webmin.
Be aware of the risk if you want to use this for real webhosting, it's really not suited.

As for the issue you have and having not seen a reply yet, at this moment that seems normal to me.

I do agree with you initially, but normally these kinds of things e-mailed to the sales e-mail address are normally picked up in a timely matter.

However, do remember that it's not only weekend now, but it's Eastern weekend, so most company's, including Directadmin are closed for business.

Lucky, this is a simple home server. Moving to Webmin would not be too bad if I restrict the installation with CSF to my IP Address only.

I do realize that it is Easter Weekend, I do think that plays a factor here I just wish things played out differently. Maybe DA needs to look at how their billing/licensing system admins paypal subscriptions or automatic payments.

This is not the first time I have had a billing issue here.

Hopefully I hear something soon, thanks again Richard you are the only user to even acknowledge any post I have made on this forum.

Last edited:
In my opinion, DirectAdmin's ticket system for direct contact to the team should be accessible to any paid customer regardless on the license held.
Agreed. At least for billing issues. I get that technical support is not available for the cheapest license, but at the minimum you should be able to contact them via the ticket system (y)

I would like to update everyone that I finally have seen a response from DirectAdmin.

A refund was issued.

Going forward, if DirectAdmin staff does see this thread, I would really like them to consider looking into how these auto payments can be administered during a plan change.

Agreed. At least for billing issues.
Not really needed if they respond to the sales e-mail, which for sales (so billing) is an easy way to contact them separately.

Good to hear they've taken this effort in the easter weekend to solve this. Good job!

Also good idea if they could look into the issue so double payment can be prevented.

Back