Mart

I have a problem receiving email on some email accounts and from some senders and I have no idea where to look for the cause.

One of the senders that is giving problems is wetransfer.com.

I want to send a file from wetransfer to [email protected] on my server. Although Wetransfer indicates that the email has been sent successfully, nothing arrives at the email address. [email protected].
I then create the email address [email protected] on the server and try again. The email from wetransfer arrives.
I create a forwarder: [email protected] refers to [email protected] and [email protected]. The email from Wetransfer then arrives at [email protected] and [email protected]

So if I send an email directly via WeTransfer to [email protected], it does not arrive. If I use a different email address or a forwarder from the same domain, it does arrive.
I have Rspamd installed on the server and in the History log is nothing about sending from wetransfer to the info email address. In the log is only the sending to info2 and info3 logged and it has a good score: 0.99/15
It will be be rejected at a score of 15 and the score is 0.99.
Does anyone have an idea how this can happen and what I can do to solve this?

Does anyone have an idea how this can happen and what I can do to solve this?
This can have various reasons.
First of all, visit mail-tester.com and follow the instructions there and see which score you get. This is for incoming mail but also shows important settings. Use the [email protected] you're having troubles with.
For some reason indeed direct communication to [email protected] is not possible. So we have to investigate why not as others work.

As for the outgoing mail, check your exim logfile and see what it says there.

If you delete the [email protected] (if possible, make backups of mail if you use imap) and create it again, does the issue persist?

My reply is not posted, I see the note: 'This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors.' But after 24 hours it is still not approved. :(

Mailtester score is 10/10

In /var/log/maillog is nothing about sending from wetransfer to the info email address. In the log is only the sending to info2 and info3 logged. For the inof mailaccount there is nothing in the log from the wetransfer email. It seems like the mail isn't even reaching the server. Or are I'm looking in the wrong log?

I tried your third suggestion. I deleted the info@ email account and then I created the mailaccount again. Unfortunately, the issue still persist.
I don't know how to solve this and the problem is bigger than only wetransfer. My client says that more mail does not arrive, for example, emails from organizations in which you have to confirm your registration.. The problem is there since about 2 months.
And if using another email address than the info, it works. Isn't that a mystery?

Greetings,
Martin

Back