Solved Email forwarders is -3 ?

realcryptonight

Verified User
When I login on my reseller account I see that I have used -3 of my limit. (I recently restored from my backup if this is relevant.)
This is obviously incorrect but does anyone know how to fix it?

Probably will fix it self after the nightly tally.
This can also be run manually but I don't know by head anymore what command that is. Can be found on the forums though.
Maybe that will fix it for you.
Otherwise just wait a day and see if it's fixed tomorrow.

Its been now more then 24 hours. And the problem still exists. So I think its not gonna fix itself?

Its been now more then 24 hours. And the problem still exists. So I think its not gonna fix itself?
same issue here for ages.
I didn't realy give it too much attention as apart from me and a bunch of friends there are no other users on the system, but I can imagine it being an issue for a lot of people.

Just an update:
1.62.0 has been released but after updating to this version I still get the same issue/behavior.

The issue is now fixed by DirectAdmin in the pre-release and will be fixed then the next version is pushed.

For anyone who is a bit technical, this is the response from DirectAdmin:
The short answers is that the "username" values were missing from the aliases files:
root@directadmin:/etc/virtual# cat */aliases
*: :fail:
The logic was that both "username" and "*" would be there, so the count would always total the total less 2.
In this case, each domain didn't have the username, so it was -1 per domain, 3 domains, thus -3.
I've changed the logic to read the aliases file, delete */username, and return the actual total, to handle these cases.
------
I've finished adding the fix to the code-base.
The pipeline is running now and the pre-release binaries should be done uploading in about 10 minutes.
If you'd like the fix now, install the pre-release binaries after about 4:20pm MST (10 minutes from now):
The next tally should solve it for you.
Or.. just add 'username" back into each aliases file, so that emails to:
**user**@**user**
get delivered to:
**user**@**my DA host**
in:
~**user**/Maildir
but is really not required if you don't want them to (now that the fix will give a correct count of 0)

Back